to wake or not? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default to wake or not?

12 yo DS fell asleep about an hour ago. He hasn't been sleeping well thanks to teething (stupid molars falling out/wobbling/cutting through & giving him grief) so chances are he's not really going to be up to eating much. But he hasn't eaten all day. So would you take a chance on him not waking up tonight, or wake him in the hope he will eat something knowing that because he has slept for an hour or so now he won't go back to sleep until stupid o'clock (particularly when you can't work out if you don't want to wake him because he needs the sleep or because you can't be bothered with the whole making dinner for him tonight).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a 12 yr old but I'd let him sleep. If he wakes up, would he eat something soft like scrambled eggs or even a milkshake or egg flip? Both low effort if you have milk and eggs as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't think I would wake him. I have found if my 9yr old falls asleep before dinner, I will leave him. He does wake up for a drink and something small to eat but heads straight back to bed and falls asleep straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    he woke up 10 mins ago - no chance of a quick something to eat then back to bed