+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got lucky on our first transfer (second cycle, but first transfer as we had none to transfer on the first cycle).

I'm not sure anything really gave us an edge, pretty sure it was just pure luck. My egg and DH's sperm have issues getting together. They can't seem to penetrate the egg and just swim away. As soon as we used ICSI on our second cycle, all was good. I didn't expect our first transfer to take though, just very lucky.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

hopefuture  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @Kristyj do you think the asprin made the difference? How did he find out your blood was sticky I was thinking of just trying asprin on my own but I have only one kidney so i'm not meant to take asprin as it is and don't want to cause more issues my current fs says most often it is just bad egg and doesn't want to do more testing unless I have more failures

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had DS on our 4th transfer and have just had our 4th transfer fail trying to have another baby. So 8 transfers in total and 1 success.

We started IVF due to my DH complete infertility so have used donor sperm. I'm fine, have had all the tests done and they can't find anything to explain it we just haven't been to lucky with the IVF lotto draw.

And that's what I think it is, just luck. Some embryos take and some don't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second transfer (fet). I have immune issues though do it was the cocktail of drugs that got me through to the end. However, in terms of the transfer sticking, I am swearing by the endo scratch I had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're two for two so far.

DS was our first transfer/ first cycle. We ended up with 4 5d frosties; did our first FET in June and I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant. We're obviously not in the clear, but hopeful with a scan Monday.

Our issue is tubal, and pretty straightforward which I believe is why we've had good results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    I was a one hit wonder our problem though was tubal and PCOS so actually getting eggs and then getting them out my lining is always good. Will be going round 2 end of October with FET as our daughter was born sleeping 6 weeks ago.
    I'm so sorry to read about your sleeping Angel... I cannot imagine the pain you are going through xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefuture View Post
    thanks @Kristyj do you think the asprin made the difference? How did he find out your blood was sticky I was thinking of just trying asprin on my own but I have only one kidney so i'm not meant to take asprin as it is and don't want to cause more issues my current fs says most often it is just bad egg and doesn't want to do more testing unless I have more failures
    Definitely don't just take things on your own you never know what might happen if your FS isn't aware I know you want to try anything but it's best to leave it to the experts xx

We did a second round of testing after the 3 failures and a more comprehensive blood test I can't remember the name of it but it wasn't your usual because they took 7 vials of blood
    Yes I do think it made the difference because as soon as we did that we got pregnant and now waiting for our little girl to arrive in 7 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Way too many. I'm not entirely sure but I think it was at least 9. We planned to do PGD testing on our last cycle, so the embryos were flown from our home town to Brisbane. The quality was so poor we couldn't do the testing. Our fs told us not to go ahead with the transfer as the quality was so bad. DD turns 3 on Monday. She has been on over 30 flights already, perhaps she just needed some air miles to start her off.

Honestly there are so many variables it is almost impossible to pin point the difference. I had used aspirin in some cycles, but not in my successful one. I have always been fairly fit and healthy, but was probably at my least fit on my last cycle and was eating too much crap. I also went to a party and had a drink on the night of transfer (to drown my sorrows of such a terrible transfer).

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 FET. All really high quality embryos (AA and AB I think)
    2 miscarriages at 5-6 weeks is the best we have done.
    Have had endo scratch, BFN.
    Testing all normal, including NKC in uterine lining.
    Have been on aspirin all transfers.
    Bad luck? Bad management? Something wrong? Who frucking knows.
    When to stop????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefuture View Post
    thanks @binnielici I eat so much sugar I may try to also give it up do you just eat fruit and natural sugar such as honey? I got 4 eggs , 3 made it to blast and were told they looked nearly perfect but no luck maybe sugar is my issue.
    I also got lucky on my first transfer and was doing the IQuitSugar program at the time so I definitely think that may have helped my body out.