+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up just riding it out ladies... last night was the best night by far. In bed at 8, a little stirring until 9:30 and then up at 1:45 for feed then stirred at 5, dummy back in and slept until 6:30!

I've also noticed since he has started rolling that he loves sleeping on his side so if he really fusses then I roll him on his side. I know it's not the sids thing but he has good head control so I'm not worried just glad to finally get past it!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (27-11-2016),gypsychild  (26-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always put h down on his side. Glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have been absent. Lots been going on. Up until a week ago was feeling so on top of things and more like a mum than I have ever been, then a few things happened....

Abby's reflux had been steadily getting worse and doing liquid green poos so off to the pediatrician and another formula change and script for losec and started them on Wednesday. Abby had been a frank breech baby so with clucky hips heard at birth was sent for ultrasound at 6 weeks and the news was not good - radiographer told me to get an urgent appointment with doctor - que panic stations- saw doctor and urgent referral to othapedic surgeon and my little girl officially has hip displaysia and is harnessed 23/7 for at least 7 weeks.

Combined with a few rough reflux feeds and two bad sleep cycles I just lost it yesterday and ended up crying on the bathroom floor. I know I have PND but trying so hard to do this without drugs and I know I will have setbacks but it's a struggle.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1480321901.072989.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh pepper!!! Hugs hugs hugs xo we are all here if you want to talk. Being a mum is not easy, even second time around... I'm glad though that you are on top of things with her hip displaysia. A friend of mine was not diagnosed when she was a baby and has now had 3 surgeries on her hip.

Ps Abby is absolutely adorable xo keep up the good work and do what you need to do for the PND

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

Pepper1977  (28-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh babe. So not cool. You must be beside yourself. First of all; YOURE A GOOD MUM! If you have to repeat that 100x a day to remind yourself then do it because it's true, no doubt about it. Secondly, and I think you're probably doing okay with this part, but; NONE of this is your fault! When things start to go to sh1t, the first person we turn to for blame is ourselves. You've been so brave dealing with all of this. It's bloody rough raising a baby that ticks all the "easy" boxes, let alone dealing with all the extras.

My cousin had dysplasia and was in a brace same like your beautiful little girl. She's now 12 and doesn't have a care in the world. She's quite energetic and is starting to get into athletics. These 7 weeks might seem like forever now, but in a few months you'll look back and see just how far you've come and how much you've grown.

Crying is super therapeutic, but if you find yourself sinking PLEASE go see someone. You don't have to battle pnd alone and there's nothing "weak" about medication if that's what your body needs right now. You wouldn't think twice about getting treatment for a physical illness, this is exactly the same thing. It's not "just in your head" it's a real, live thing that is making your already difficult situation a whole lot more difficult.

We are all here for you, any time. Please keep us updated and rant as often as you need.

So much love and calm being sent your way xxx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (28-11-2016),ttc1981  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh she is so adorable Zoe is borderline hip dysplasia and we have our final appointment on 20 December to see if there going to fit a brace... I have a feeling it will happen...
    Your doing so well it's hard with reflux and now hip dysplasia too... she won't remember a thing! A friend of mines bub was just cast with hip dysplasia and the baby is now in a brace... she doesn't know any different... so glad they got it early because if we get it on the 20th we will nearly be 6 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby Max just had his 6 week immunisation he had a rough day from it poor little babe
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words - will get there 😃praying Zoe does not need a brace !!!!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pepper1977 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (29-11-2016),Mona424  (29-11-2016),ttc1981  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh pepper I'm so sorry to hear about the tough time you are going through. Just think now that now u have had a formula change and got losec the reflux will start to improve which will make things so much easier. It's really tough having a baby that's unhappy and in pain. It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job! Don't be afraid to ask for help xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pepper that really sucks. It is so hard some days! I cried yesterday too and I have an "easy" baby in comparison. Can I suggest that you try get some support now? They may or may not prescribe medication but at least you will have got to treating it early so it doesn't get any worse. MrsTugs is right- it's a medical condition and nothing to do with weakness. You're doing great to get through it! X

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (29-11-2016)