+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds to me like you mummas have it all sussed! 😊 makes me so excited to meet mine! I'm nearly 34 weeks so not too long to go.

I finished painting bubs room yesterday and started washing his clothes so I can pack our hospital bags. Being on mat leave has meant that I have heaps more energy and can just focus on bubs and hubby. It's been great! We also started our antenatal classes last week which is helping me feel calmer about birth. I've been nesting up a storm too- we bought a new bed and I've been cleaning and sorting cupboards like mad! I'm really enjoying it! 😂 weirdo clean freak that I am!

Hope everyone is doing well! X

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (05-08-2016),MrsTugs  (05-08-2016),NORgirl  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are doing all the things I'd hope id do on Mat leave. Have washed the baby clothes but I'm not very organised with anything else!

Just a question, I want to be prepared if I cant breastfeed and get a formula to take to hospital.What's a good newborn baby formula type? I went to get some and there were so many to choose from I had no idea what's good etc? Is it trial and error until u get a good one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful it can be a bit of trial and error. With my stepson he started on s26 gold and then moved to aptimal. His mum was pumping and freezing her breast milk so we could mix feed him but it wasn't quite enough when he got older. She changed his formula but didn't really explain why she'd changed it.

Depends what your comfortable with spending as well. If $ isn't an issue, go with one of the more costly ones but the cheaper ones will still feed bubs. You can get a few tins when they're on sale- used by dates start to count down faster once the tin is open.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use aptimal because thats what the hospital use... so we used aptimal gold now on aptimal gold ar for reflux and she tolerates it so well and minimal spit ups which for a reflux baby is great! Im also waiting to receive the probiotics i ordered for her to help with gut health as lots of studies into that honestly though I found breast feeding easy just didn't have the supply for her and that was to do with the limited contact i had as she was in nicu xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So this is the start of my maternity leave. It feels so weird. This morning I was so excited and now I'm in tears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Norgirl!!! Why are you crying? It is a big change in your life but one that will be worth it, trust me!

Ps yay for mat leave!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ride the emotion wave NORgirl. Unfortunately I have no advice - I had Erica on my first day of leave! Well I finished on wed arvo, then thurs and Friday were supposed to be annual leave. Induced thurs night so I didn't really get time off .

Tears have been common since though! Roll with it - put your feet up and take some time to adjust.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In relation to the formula, my dd was mixed fed and we started to use what the hospital used s26 gold. We ended up having to change as anything with gold in it made her constipated. So we just stuck with the s26 original

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been using s26 gold. Had aptamil gold in hospital - and just looked at the next tin and its s26 original - so looks like miss Erica will be mixing it up!
    She doesn't seem to mind as long as it's food!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yeh the tears. Just roll with them. They actually help, I think. Like a release. Feeling overwhelmed is pretty common now. Thinking of you x