+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It really is so very different. But not really any way that you can prepare for that. It's just too unfathomable imho. I agree just be as prepared as possible in the house. Beds made, clothes washed and in their drawers, lots of burp cloths and towels, doubles of day to day items (so you're not constantly going from room to room grabbing something).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Peedy i second the swim my parents put a beautiful big pool in june and i have swam the last few weekends the weightlessness is amazing nice rest for the body. Hope all our babies are well. Im being scheduled for csect next time the roll is updated if someone could put me down for due date of 13 october please. Its going to come around so quick between now and then i have 2 weddings an engagement party a first birthday a baby shower (not mine) and a family getaway to yamba for a few nights im exhausted thinking how i will get through it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh i bought a moses basket and an oricom baby monitor yesterday baby bunting have some great specials on baby monitors the oricom came with a 3 year warranty as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes!! Second the burp clothes - hundreds of them. And wraps. We couldn't believe how many we'd been given thinking how could we use them all ... Now I understand!!!

EJ doesn't like her swaddles (the zip up ones) a huge amount. She likes her hands free to have up around her face (oh baby mittens are super helpful - and have spares cos they are worse at wandering off than socks).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, loving reading about how all the hubs are settling in a home. It's very exciting. I had a bleed late last week ( one day shy of 35weeks) so spent 2 nights in hospital. It was a bright red bleed so was pretty freaked out. But scans showed Bub is fine and measuring at 2.7kg. They couldn't find a reason so the bleed and just said it can happen.

Now this morning, on the toilet paper I had a string of mucus mixed with brown. So I'm wondering if that was the mucus plug? Has anyone had experience with it? I rang the hospital and they said as I don't have any pain, it doesn't necessarily mean that labour is going to start straight away or anything.
    For those that lost the plug, hoe long after did u go into labour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hopeful ... I had several bleeds throughout my preg and they couldn't find a reason. I had brown mucus 'bits' on the Sunday/Monday. Had appt with obs on thurs and midwife said it might have been plug but not necessarily. Saw obs and she did a VE and I was already 1.5cm dilated and in early labour.
    But if they hadn't induced me (I also had preeclampsia and bubs growth had slowed) they said I may have gone another 24 hours before going naturally into labour.
    My case probably isn't a good example though!

Most people I know if it was the plug have laboured about a week or so later

But if you have had a bleed you can get what appears to be a 'show' but isn't. It just may be the last of the blood and loose bits around the cervix clearing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info woof. That's what I'm not sure of. I still had a bit of brown discharge this weekend ( which Ob and nurses said would happen it old blood from the bleed makes its way out) do I guess it's hard to say. Anyway it has prompted me to pack my hospital bag as I hadn't even done that yet!
    Did you have any pain at all in those days from the Sunday/Monday until when u saw you Ob and you were 1.5cm dilated?

Congrats on Erica! Such a lovely name😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh it's a tough one to call - after my bleeds I had brown discharge on and off ... How can one know which is just old blood and which is mucus plug?? I voted mine was on the Sunday only as the ratio was more mucus than blood.

Had no pain whatsoever... The only thing was the Wednesday night I didn't sleep well as I was extra uncomfortable...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought the oricom montor ours has a white noise womb sound attached to it and it works a treat! I time it for 30 mins post putting Zoe down and so far she settles better... still moans and groans but were getting there!
    We also have the love to dream swaddle sleeping bags and they are great... had the grotime ones but they were too bulky for Zoe so switched (another $100 later) plus the bottle exercise we went avent but the teats were too fast so switched to Medela so that was $60 worth of bottles and teats useless! Its been an expensive exercise figuring out which is best for her
    Hopeful wow cant beleive your bub is nearly here how exciting! Our journey feels like its been going on for a while i hope your bleeding is nothing... make sure you go back even if you just feel unsure i did and most times it was nothing but they always told me to check anyways

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woof- definitely a hard one to call isn't it. Such s guessing game sometimes!! I guess I'll just watch and wait!

Ttc u are so right. I actually thought that last night! I feel like with rounds of back to back IVF and now being 35and a half weeks that this journey has been s long one!! Seems to go on forever!

It's my 1st offical mat leave day today ( I won't count the 2 days in hospital last week) and it feels so wonderful to not have to be anywhere or do anything. Cup of tea and bickie in bed and some DVDs and maybe a trip to Kmart for some bits and peices and that will be my day.. Bliss!! 😄

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (01-08-2016),gypsychild  (01-08-2016),ttc1981  (01-08-2016)