+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I fall asleep most of the time too... Worse overnight. Atm I'm dealing with Lachlan being a comfort sucker on me so draining!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    Nope, I fall asleep most of the time too... Worse overnight. Atm I'm dealing with Lachlan being a comfort sucker on me so draining!
    me too! I am a human dummy, rocking chair, heater...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NORgirl BG loves to feed continuously between 12am to 5am with litte 10 minute naps along the way. I also have his basinet next to me but as soon as I put him down he is hungry again. I doze off heaps during feeding at this time even though I sit up in bed but my DH is very worried about me hurting BG and that I don't fall asleep on him. He even offered to be woken while I doze just to watch that GB can still suck and breathe. It does worry me heaps but we can only try our best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I was struggling to stay awake. When sitting I would startle awake every time I started to drift. Veeeeeery draining. Read up on the lay down latch hold and do it properly. PLAN to sleep feed and you will do it much safer. Trust your instincts. Unless medicated, drinking, or smoking, it's so unlikely your instincts would let you hurt Bub. The day we started cosleeping was the biggest relief of my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The whole feeding thing is causing me so much anxiety. I can handle the lack of sleep but the feeding thing is really hard. My milk supply is about half of what is was while I was in hospital and Austin's volumes increase every day. Today I've been trying to increase my supply by pumping every 2 hours which is really time consuming. We have stepson this weekend too which is lovely for hubby because of father's day tomorrow but I just feel irritated. I can still blame the hormones right?

The midwife is coming to visit on Monday to help me with breast feeding so hopefully that'll help. At least breast feeding I'll be spending quality time with bub rather than with my medela breast pump!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peedy also make sure you are getting some sleep and drinking heaps of water because that will also really affect your supply. I also find eating semonlina porridge everyday beneficial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gypsy. I bought some formula just in case I need to supplement Austin's feeds. I might try sleep after Austin's next feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peedy it's so hard pumping and not feeding... my supply decreased from that... have you tried lactation cookies... looks up mumma o on facebook for the recipe as apparently they help big time... wish I had heard of them! Good luck with the nurse tomorrow xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Peedypie  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was my last appointment with the Glengarry Hospital midwife today. I'm really sad about it! Their level of care has been amazing and I'm really going to miss them. I jave a home visit from the Child Health Nurse tomorrow. Hopefully she's as good as the hospital staff. I do have areunion morning tea to go to next week at the hospital which I'm looking forward to. ������

As for the whole feeding thing, after the visit I've accepted that it's going to be time consuming at the moment. Austin has gained huge amounts of weight so that's the main thing although he's still only 2.8kgs. I'm going to slowly introduce him to breast feeding once or twice a day and monitor how he goes. My supply seems to have increased which is good but I'm still anxious about it.

We left the house today and went to get sushi which was fab. I'm feeling more confident about leaving the house and getting to appointments on time. It was nice to take Austin out.
    Last edited by Peedypie; 05-09-2016 at 23:24.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the induction tonight @Hopeful37 assuming you haven't delivered already!