+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The last 4w was when time started to speed by for me. Until then it was like clockwork; 100hrs in every day lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopeful37: this time next week you'll have a baby in your arms!! That's exciting

I'm hoping the last 4 weeks go quickly! I have 13 works days left...which seem to go on forever...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Due Date Day @Hopeful37! Hope your Bub makes an entrance soon by himself so you don't have to get induced. If you do, and they give you syntocin, make sure they are really slow on their dosing. I didn't feel anything at first so they upped my dose and I was hyperstimulated at 7 contractions per 10 mins (they aim for 4 or 5). They were understaffed too so due to the confusion of multiple people looking after me no one told my Dr so they left me hyperstimulated for 2 hours before finally reducing the dose. It was not a pleasant experience as I didn't even have time to catch my breath in between contractions! Anyway, take care and if your DH is in the room then make sure he keeps up to date with what is going on as sometimes the midwives missed things in their handover and are running between multiple labours.

As for me, we have been home with Baby Gypsy since Monday and are settling in. We had our first outing yesterday for his newborn shoot which went well, though we did have to spend a few hours getting organised with the nappy bag hehe. Today we are going to attempt to take him to the shops! I've got my DH at home for 2 more weeks but I am already getting anxious about managing things alone when he goes back to work and I have to take care of BG and our 2 large dogs by myself. Had a bit of the Baby Blues as well where I have been crying at the drop of a hat, hope that goes away soon as it is awful to not feel in control of your emotions.

Hope all the other mummy's and mummy's in waiting are going well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @gypsychild! I've been pacing around the house for the last 2 days, so bored and I think anxiously waiting. I'm really hoping I go naturally as well but I'm starting to think I won't!

Thanks for the tips too about inducing

Can I ask, when you got induced, how long it was from start to finish? My Dr said to go in to the hospital at 8pm Monday and I get a drip ( probably that med you mentioned) then if nothing happens I get more at 6am? I always thought that inducing was fast but maybe not? And did you have time/request an epidural?

So glad to hear you are settling in at home well. It's amazing how our lives change isn't it. Before Bub you pop down to the shops without a second thought but now with bubs it's a well thought out outing .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 they broke my waters at 8.40am, started the drip probably around 8.50am. I went from 3cm to 5cm dilated by midday and then to 10cm by around 2.45pm. Then started pushing at 3pm until 4.10pm where I consented to my Dr using vacuum to assist. GB was born at 4.16pm. I requested an epi at around 10am when I realized how hard and fast the contractions were coming and I wasn't allowed to walk around, stand in the shower or sit on the toilet to cope (they ran out of portable monitors) so I knew it would be too much for me. They had told me to make sure I request the epi well beforehand too which was good as the anaethatist only showed up 2 hours later. One of the most satisfying moments of my life when he stuck that needle in my back!

From what I have heard they usually get you to come in at night for induction if they are using the gel to soften your cervix. Then if that doesn't get things going they will break your waters and start the drip in the morning. My cervix was already softened so I didn't need the gel. I asked if I could just get my waters broken and hold the drip but my Dr said it would just be an unnecessary delay so I had to start the drip too.

Bring lots of sugary gummies and gatorade so your DH can feed you while you are in labour. You wont be able to eat much food but will need all the energy you can get.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also one of the things I didn't know was that the amniotic fluid continues to drip/gush out for the rest of the labour so wherever you go you have to keep pads under you. Its not particularly comfortable. For some reason I had always thought it was one gush and then it would be finished. So even if you are sitting on a fit ball or standing by the bed you have to keep organising pads under you :/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gypsychild your right I completely forgot that my dr said they would be doing the gel when I came in at night. That must be what will happen with me like you said gel at night drip in the morning if needed. And definitely be requesting that epi ahead of time!

Ahhh its nerve racking and exciting to have a definite end date if nothing happens before then. Though my DH is holding out hope that it will be before Father's Day. He has bought a couple of joke Father's Day shirts that he is dying to wear!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too, I thought it was just a gush and that was it. Movies have been telling us lies lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everyone's different. Some it's a slow drip, some gush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask a silly question? Is anyone else always falling asleep when nursing Bub? I had read it was sleep inducing but this is extreme. I just can't keep my eyes open and will fall asleep right next to him. https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...ile-lying-down

Then wake up 1-2 hours later when he is going for the nipple again, so worried about SIDS his bassinet is just next to our bed but he just does not want to come off the breast ...