+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey gypsy don't worry too much about the high respiratory rate Zoe has always had this they will learn if it's his natural rate or not... also the anti biotic are normal for neonatal as they rule our infections first... Zoe still grunts... I was told it's a premature thing... we're trying a different formula today as she just doesn't seem conformable on it. Biggest tip from me was when I was in hospital with her was I pumped and took it down to her in the middle of the night and as its so quiet the nurses would always spend time with me and let me be with her. When I was discharged I went in at 5/6am and stayed till 2 then came back for the evening feed with my partner push the feeds from your breast peedy and bottle... Zoe did all sucks for 48 hours and pulled her tube out too and she went home... she had a few other issues hence going back but you would know if your bub had those by now

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (27-08-2016),NORgirl  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Lolly99 and @gypsychild & keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.
    I hear you lolly re the disbelief. I still cannot believe my baby grew in me from that tiny embryo. DH and I keep joking the stock must have swooped in behind that green sheet they put up at the c section

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NORgirl For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really really struggling with the sleeping... Lachlan will only sleep on either me or hubby. Today I'm a mess and to top it off he won't take a dummy and is using me as a dummy

Please don't judge... I hated breastfeeding with my daughter although once she was on and feeding I didn't mind and she only went on when she needed to feed otherwise she used the dummy. With Lachlan I hate breastfeeding all the time and the fact he just wants me and only me all the time is just getting too much. I feel bad that there are people who can't breastfeed and that I can but I'm seriously considering moving him to bottle feeding as I just can't handle it... I'm getting emotional as I'm writing this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default IVF Babies Due August/Sept/Oct'16#3

Mona could you try pumping? If you can successfully do that then hubby can help feeding but you still have the health benefits.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I can definitely relate to parts. Don't feel like you can't talk about it. We are here to support not judge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Mona24 honey, that sounds so stressful! Personally, I think your health and wellbeing are just as important (if not more so) as whether your Bub has formula or breastmilk. I think they totally overdo it on the 'formula is the devil' spiel, and then they have to turn around and say 'oh, actually, let's do formula for X reason or y reason', and suddenly it's no big deal, or actually, now that you come to it, formula is gods gift to maternity!! So the last thing you need to do is beat yourself up about doing what's right for you and your family!!!!! In other countries, the culture is all about formula- people look at you as if you're mad if you don't feed your baby from a bottle, 'why would you put yourself through that?' It even changes from decade to decade - in Ireland, all our mums breastfed, and nowadays hardly anyone does. Hope I'm not blathering on too much, I'm still doped up to the eyeballs from the c-section and dealing with my own boob/formula dilemma - my 4.5kg baby needs more food than my body can make, so I've literally had them shoving formula at me!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hermia For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (27-08-2016),NORgirl  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mona24 sleep deprivation sucks! No judgement but may I ask how many days post partum you are? I had the blues from about day 5 to 10, and only noticed once it lifted - could you be going through something similar?
    DS had a few fussy days (10 day spurt) and I did find skin to skin and carrying him around in the baby bjoern (by manly DH) or Moby wrap (by yours truly) helps DS sleep better and us keep some hands free sanity
    @hermia I feel you. I'm day 13 and today DS had 600ml of formula, 200ml of expressed breast milk and boob so far... He is only 3.8kg but gobbling it up... He's got a bit of reflux too which makes it enough of a challenge to feed, burp and change him without stressing about supply too
    @MrsTugs: did you end up using your cloth diapers? I tried mine during the day today and it seems my LO goes through them within 1-2 hours - totally soaked with wee.
    Last edited by NORgirl; 27-08-2016 at 21:26.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NORgirl For This Useful Post:

hermia  (28-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @NORgirl I think you might be confusing me with someone. I'm still waiting patiently ( kind of) for my little man to come due on Friday but hoping its sooner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    @NORgirl I think you might be confusing me with someone. I'm still waiting patiently ( kind of) for my little man to come due on Friday but hoping its sooner!
    ooops! And I can't even blame baby brain anymore! Sorry.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NORgirl For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NORgirl View Post
    ooops! And I can't even blame baby brain anymore! Sorry.
    This is when the real baby brain begins X

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

hermia  (28-08-2016),NORgirl  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha norgirl no worries