+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Peedy you didn't sound ungrateful at all just wanting to be a mum... its a hard situation and cope the best way you know how

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Different nurses today. They brought him in to me to feed earlier because he was awake and alert and then they left me to it. Just how I like it. ☺

My baby shower was really great. Hubby did so well preparing for it. The house was spotless and he'd put the decorations up. My family helped with the prep too. It was nice to see everyone and escape from the hospital for a few hours. I missed Austin in my core though- it was an odd feeling!

Our friends were so generous. There is a table full of gifts that we didn't have a chance to open.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad to hear today is better for you peedy. It's good to hear. Just think before you know it you will be home with Austin full time very soon

As for me I'm just waiting patiently. Not due until Friday week but I'm well an truly over it so would be very very happy to get this show on the road this week sometime! Pretty over being pregnant.
    My stomach has been tightening heaps over the past week ( no pain though) until last night. I had quite a bit of pain overnight but nothing in regular intervals and it went away. I'm worried that I'll miss the start or contractions and then get to the hospital with not much time to spare.
    Probably wishful thinking though from what I've read online? The general consensus is that when it's the real deal I will know about it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (22-08-2016),Peedypie  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your anxiety Hopeful! My induction is scheduled for 8am on Thursday but at my appointment on Wednesday last week the Dr said he was already as low as he can get without falling out and I am 2cm dilated. She thinks I'll definitely go naturally before Thursday but this baby is not budging! I've been walking, bouncing, etc and felt heaps of BH but this baby seems to like hanging out at the edge of my uterus. Come on little guy!!! You can do it!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (22-08-2016),NORgirl  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far along are you gypsychild? I am going to ask my Dr about induction when I see him tomorrow. I'm 38w3d. He hasn't mentioned anything about it. Did you dr have a reason to book the induction?
    Having said that last week when I went he still wasn't engaged ( head down and everything but not engaged) so maybe I don't have that option yet.
    I have so much pressure down low now though I'm sure he must have this week. Do you have lots of pressure since he is low?
    That's very exciting though, that you will definitely have him on Thursday the end is in sight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hopeful my due date is this Saturday so will be 39w5d on Thursday. I asked my Dr a few weeks ago how late she was willing to let me go and she said just a few days after my due date due to the placenta starting to degrade and her wanting to be on the safe side (though I'm sure if I was really against inducing I could have said no).

She gave me a choice of either just before or after my due date and since my hubby is already on leave and we don't want to waste it, as well as the fact that this baby is cooked and ready to go, we decided to go with Thursday induction.

I was a bit concerned about induction leading to more issues but my Dr is pretty confident this won't be the case and hopefully since I am already dilating and 50% effaced I'll just need my waters broken to get things moving. I'm hoping to avoid the syntocin if they let me :/

I don't feel a lot of pressure so was quite surprised she said he was so low and she could feel his head! I'm definitely anxious to have him safe in my arms though so knowing that I only have to hold out till Thursday is definitely exciting and getting me through the days!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting gypsychild! Enjoy your last couple of days and get some rest in ( that is if he stays put until Thursday!)
    At least you can be prepared if it is Thursday. The unknown of when and where it could start is a bit nerve racking. I'm definitely going to ask my OB tomorrow how long he will let me go over before induction. It would be good to have an end in sight just in case it doesn't happen before the due date.

I swear Ivf pregnancies would feel so much longer than a normal pregnancy where you would find out probably at 5/6 weeks. We have been thinking about this since the beginning of our cycle when we started ivf. It seems to go on forever

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (22-08-2016),NORgirl  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The devil child arrived last night deciding that 12.30am to 3.30am was awake time... managed to get her back down after her 5 feed again but she woke up at 7 and I was like stuff this so put her in bed with me and she slept till 8.45am so now one poo explosion later and another feed we have a happy contented baby and a mum who looks like she will be needing the concealer today HA

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw my OB today and asked him how long he would let me go over before inducing me. He said 41 weeks but he has happy to induce me at any time! This has freaked me out a bit now I feel like I have to make a decision. Should I just wait and see what happens or book it in? If I did book it in id probably aim for Thursday/Friday next week ( due date is Friday)
    From what I've heard from friends and what I've read online, inducing can be more painful than not inducing. Do you think this is true? I mean it's going to be painful either way right so does it really matter?
    I am over being pregnant and can't wait to meet the little guy! But not sure about inducing just for the sake of it? The dr said it happens all the time though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Induction for non medical reasons isn't ideal. It is definitely known for being more painful and can too easily snowball into repeat intervention.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (23-08-2016)