+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear your struggling peedy. I discharged a day early because I missed hubby and was really starting to resent the hospital. Can't imagine how much harder it would be sans bubs. Thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not yet but not far off going to bed. Had a lovely long hot shower, feel so much better!!

Oh Peedypie just want to give you big hugs! It's ok to cry xo can't imagine what your going through but at least he is in the best place for him. Will be thinking of you xo let us know how he goes xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I discharged earlier than my Dr wanted too Peedy as I needed home and being off the ward with screaming babies and mine not with me... don't rush it I did with Zoe and just ended back again... sometimes they just need time...Zoe left at 38/39 weeks and that was what they told me from the beginning... they just need time to develop and grow from the time they had in the womb they missed out on... the nurses will put him in a great routine though which is a bonus... Zoe is such a routine baby doing 3/4 hourly and even longer sometimes so if you can take one positive... lots of hugs it's hard leaving bubs xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Peedypie  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I'm still teary but it's also mixed in with annoyance at a midwife which makes it a little easier to take. Hubby spent the day here today and I wanted him to do the feeds and spend time with bubs to learn. This bloody midwife kept taking over which was driving me bonkers! She kept trying to get me to leave him in the nursery rather than keeping him in my room. If she tells me one more time to not let anyone handle him I'm going to go crazy. We didn't cuddle him at all today so he could sleep which was really hard! I know I'm being overly sensitive but I just want to be able to be his mumma- it feels a bit like he belongs to the hospital.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peedy honestly that's what happened with us and we sat down with the head neonatal doctor at KEMH and it's what's best for the babies when born early as they need the time to sleep and develop.... I know it sounds crazy but for the first 7 days we had minimal contact and it's normal... for the next 5 days from 1 week old we had more contact but only 30 mins pre feed and 30 mins post feed and then we let her sleep for the next 2 hours... once she hit 36/37 weeks were allowed alot more handling and cuddles... they try to replicate the womb time and that means leaving them be... especially if he's tube fed like Zoe was for 19 days... I love cuddles now and during the day let her sleep on me a bit... even read save our sleep which said minimal contact and let them self soothe and I couldn't do it! I just want cuddles! The KEMH nurses and doctors explained it really well to us it's a pity yours haven't as it would of caused a lot less heart ache xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Peedy I had a same nurse who kept taking over when hubby was trying to do/learn. Made me furious.
    I can see what you mean about he belongs to hospital not you. Hopefully that side of things eases as he gets a bit older. Much love x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo I just re-read what I wrote and I sound so ungrateful. TBH 99% of the nurses have been amazing - they've explained everything really well. My parents and my bff are the only ones apart from hubby and I who have held him and that was for less than 5 minutes each. Everyone else including my brother and sister we've asked to stay away and said when they do come see him they can't pick him up.

I'm just complaining because the midwife kept taking over the things we are actually allowed to do and the only times we get cuddles which is during nappy changes and feed time. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. The staff have generally been wonderful and have taken really good care of all of us. What new mumma gets 8 hours sleep every night for the first few weeks?

I might try pick up my car today so I can come and go more freely and I won't feel so trapped. Then I can spend a few hours at home each day and it may help with being away from Austin for short stretches.

Thanks for the support ladies. It really helps to have women around who get it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (22-08-2016),NORgirl  (24-08-2016),ttc1981  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is NOTHING ungrateful about wanting your baby. Nothing! xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due August/Sept/Oct'16#3

It must be hard having a Bub in the special care nursery. Hoping not too much longer!!
    And you don't sound ungrateful.. I can understand the frustration!!

How did your baby shower go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto what Mrstugs said! Your not ungrateful at all... Just a mum xo hang in there xo