+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    Thanks ttc! Would be good to know how you go! I'm a bit over hearing him screeching in pain, it's horrible
    Oh thats terrible Mona... Zoe seems to be getting alot better I think it's the probiotics personally give them a try... also feeding her up right and not stopping till I get that burp... she moans and groans less which is great... she's going thru a growth spurt as she is feeding more during the day (2 hourly) but pulling it out at night to 3-3.5 hourly... she is suppose to have based on her weight 525ml formula a day but shes at 685ml today so happy with that!
    I hope you sort him and next week the nurse is coming out so will let you know how we go xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NORgirl View Post
    omg the stuff nurses say... I have my own rant on the topic, at the moment I am still in tears. That patronising tone too yeah sounds familiar.

i had breast reduction surgery in my twenties and it is common knowledge that this may impact your ability to breast feed. I have been telling all nurses and requesting top up formula. They made me fight for every drop. Bub was thriving and only lost 60g by day three. Then at 72 hours post birth I was told again to reduce formula because my milk is about to come in. I was told formula would "make Bub too lazy to suck, he was just clusterfeeding, this was normal, they are all feral at this stage and I could bring him to the nursery if he is getting too much." Oh and "don't use the breast pump you'll overstimulate yourself". I was like this is not right, he is working hard at the breast and he's a great baby. I had to fight for two days for the lactation consultant to see us. She took one look and said I don't have enough milk it might be from the surgery. That's what I have been saying for five days!!!!

They finally weighed him, he lost over 100g in 24 hours while I was being told to "not spoil him with formula". I am being discharged tomorrow and can't wait to get out of here!

---

PS: after all the upset, I had a nice warm shower then sat down and had an hour long session with the Medela symphony and lots of strong massaging my breasts. I got 50 mls out between both breasts which I am very happy with. I'll definitely get a pump and try to stimulate rather than being scared to overstimulate as advised.
    NOR girl the bump wa has the Symphony pumps for $20 per week well $100 for the first 5 weeks then weekly and I found that great... I only ever managed 40ml max my milk just didn't come in but your doing an amazing job and remember he's getting the best of both worlds at the moment... your valuable milk supply and top ups so he's gaining... do what you need to do for you and him xxxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy crap NORgirl! Don't spoil your child be feeding him? There would be some mighty big arguments if anyone said stupid crap like that to me. Idiots! You must be relieved you're being discharged today.

My experience has been the total opposite mostly which I'm super thankful for. 99% of our care staff have been spectacular. Austin has jaundice so spent the night under the lamps in the nursery. Because he is still in the special care nursery they look after him at night anyways which means I'm getting two blocks of four hours sleep a night. My milk has come in too so I'm pumping every four hours otherwise there is so much pain and it wakes me up. There hasn't been any pressure to breastfeed/express but nothing but encouragement and support if that's what you want to do.

I have my baby shower today. We decided to have it anyways even though bubs is already here. I haven't been discharged yet but I'm allowed to leave for a few hours. It's going to be hard to leave bubs here. i think there will be tears!

TTC I have a complete understanding of how hard it would have been to leave Zoe in hospital when you were discharged! The idea of leaving Austin is awful.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (24-08-2016),ttc1981  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard especially being on the ward and everyone else has there baby and mothering... though right now up in bed and was very happy for John to take over feeding this morning haha... jaundice is horrible too Zoe had that and spent nearly a week under lights so she hates being naked from that... so glad your milk has come in that's awesome! Enjoy your baby shower today xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    So Lachlan is currently being admitted to the women's and children's hospital. Woke up this morning and he has a rash all over his body. They think viral but want us to stay in overnight to make sure... Seriously not what we need right now. Exhausted mumma right here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    So Lachlan is currently being admitted to the women's and children's hospital. Woke up this morning and he has a rash all over his body. They think viral but want us to stay in overnight to make sure... Seriously not what we need right now. Exhausted mumma right here
    Oh no Mona I do hope he gets better soon poor little guy. Take care of yourself too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mona that's awful! Poor little bubba. I hope he recovers quickly and you get some rest. X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it's all sorted soon Mona... so glad there be cautious xxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally out of hospital. Lachlan ended up with a viral rash, just have to keep checking that he doesn't end up with a fever. If so we have to go back but the rash is looking much better. Thanks ladies for your thought xo

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (21-08-2016),gypsychild  (21-08-2016),NORgirl  (24-08-2016),ttc1981  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to hear Lachlan's out. Has mumma had a sleep?

I've been super teary today. They've discharged me so bub is now the patient. It makes me feel like I have a sick baby. We'd been told he would most likely be allowed to come home midway through this week but he lost quite a bit of weight last night. So it looks like it may be more like the end of the week. I don't want to rush to get him home but I'm tired of being in hospital. I miss my hubby and my dogs and my privacy and my bed. The list could go on and on.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (24-08-2016)