+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Me three for the new thread.

I am in a bit of a different boat as I'm not breastfeeding. Have very inverted nipples and we were just struggling to get anything happening.

Also am unsure of what meds the doc will put me on for my immune system so we decided to go formula.

It's tough as I am definitely feeling the guilt.

So clothing wise I've been going for fairly firm singlets as my milk is coming in. Never realised how bad engorgement feels like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried the pills woof? They're supposed to help avoid engorgement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woof don't feel guilty I went at it for 4 weeks of pumping and one of my nipples is in terrible condition... I tried so hard to feed her even on medication to bring the milk in it just didn't happen... She's super happy with the bottle and on the same formula the hospital put her on unless the reflux doesn't go... I know so many people who say how hard it is... In the end I was pumping 10ml per breast so it was time to give up... Zoe is certainly stacking on the weight so she is pretty happy and content I take my hats off to the natural breast feeders and lucky girls whose milk came in I did find it a nice bonding experience but we chat before and during bottle feeding and she listens intently haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    ~~~~Roll Call~~~~~

AUGUST:

Lolly99: 15th Aug Twins!

NORgirl: 15th Aug Boy

Hermia: 16th Aug Girl

Gypsychild: 27th Aug Boy

SEPTEMBER:

Hopeful37: 2nd SepBoy

Chillout71: 6th Sep Boy

Peedypie: 18th Sep Boy

Kristyj: 28th Sep Girl

OCTOBER:

Lexy123: 2nd Oct Boy

Tinker: 8th Oct Girl

Rainbow Road: 10th Oct Girl

Barca07: 13th Oct Surprise

MissTilly: 16th Oct

Lea7: 18th Oct Surprise

Pepper1977: 20th OctSurprise

Meshell23: 22nd Oct Boy

Tassiewife: 28th Oct Boy

OUR BABIES

Ttc1981: Zoe Michelle 28/06

MrsTugs: Harrison Patrick 21/07

Ruby16: Poppy Mae
    & Margot Eleanor 21/07

Woof5105: Erica Jade 22/07

Mona424: Lachlan David 25/07

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't tried them MrsT - might have to ...
    EJ is happy with formula too TTC - she's only 100g down on birth weight now so I'm happy with that. And hubby loves being able to feed her - we alternate so we both get the cuddles ..
    Those cuddles ... Ahh bliss!!!

Getting close to August now! More babies!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (28-07-2016),ttc1981  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't wait to buy a pump and give my poor nipples a rest. We have given Bub two bottles over a period of a few days (both expressed using hosp pump) and I loved that hubby was able to feed those times. It's a great bond for them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (29-07-2016),ttc1981  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woof my partners the same he loves it (except the middle of the night) when the dinosaur Zoe grunts and groans so he wears ear plugs haha... Im demand feeding so far she has done 9,11pm and now 1:40am and hoping she has a longish sleep on this one... During the day she does 3-4 hours so has her days and nights mixed up
    So we starting to do mat time and more interaction after day time feeds to switch her back between her 9-11pm feeds I don't think she even slept.. She doesn't cry just makes noises and needs re settling
    Also popped to the baby show Friday and it was quite good! We bought some love to dream
    Swaddles( small enough for her) and bambella playmat and trolley cover, thermometer (one of the gun ones) toddler tints for the new car (yes we ordered the soccer mum car haha ) and a few bits and pieces

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ttc how do you settle after play for sleep? We haven't successfully settled with anything but boob yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey tugs honestly she self settles... when she is a little unsettled we have her on our chest for a while then transfer to the bassinet
    Maybe get your partner to do that. We were told for ages not to hold her too much as she needed time to sleep and grow so we love cuddle time. We really are only starting play time now 😊dont forget Zoe was probably left to settle alot by nurses i tried to be there all day and evenings but over night your not allowed to stay... she is harder at night than day which sucks but I will be sleeping during the day more from this week or it will catch up on me x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to get one big nap during the day, maybe 1-2hrs in late afternoon. But I struggle to sleep in the day otherwise. We are cluster feeding tonight he's been on the boob since 8.30pm and it's now nearly 1am. Not sure how much more of this my poor nips can take!!
    Yes I find DH is better at settling than me. If I go near her then she just wants milk.