+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Starting weight between 51 and 53kgs for all my pregnancies.
    All pregnancies except the last I gained the most in the third trimester.
    Last pregnancy I gained half the weight I put on by 16 weeks. My other pregnancies I didn't even start gaining weight until I was nearly halfway.
    I lost it all within except two kilos within a week with each pregnancy. Those 2kg I held on to until I stopped breastfeeding, except my last...I never actually lost it (and several years on am now heavier again...but still wearing size 8 clothes. Different body shape and more muscle now. I'm happier with my body now, at 58kg than I was at 51-53kg).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

mima38  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default in which trimester did you gain the most weight?

I gained substantially more weight during my 2nd pregnancy than I did with my first but still ended up exactly the same size as my first. (1st pregnancy I went from 70kg to 90, 2nd pregnancy I went from 60kg to 90).

Currently 25-26 weeks with #3 and I would say most of the weight gain with all 3 pregnancies was in the 2nd trimester for me.

I really think everyone carries and gains differently, so it's not going to be super helpful to compare your weight gain and pregnancy to others, but just be assured that you will be able to lose it all after baby comes
    Last edited by witherwings; 31-07-2016 at 22:39.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

mima38  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, ladies. I guess I was worried sustained rapid gain might negatively impact the pregnancy or baby, but it sounds like it might slow at some point. If my ob's not worried I won't be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First pregnancy I was gaining a kilo a week on 3rd Tri. This time it's happening in firsts Tri

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first pregnancy. I am 16 weeks and haven't gained anything. I lost weight in the first trimester. Hoping for some gains soon as I don't stop eating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gained most of mine in the 2nd tri. First trimester I think I gained about 4kg, second about 6kg and then hardly any after that. My baby weighed 4kg and was breech for most of my third tri so not much room for food haha plus I was fit and active. He's one now and I'm still struggling with 2-4kg I keep gaining back!!!!!