+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default in which trimester did you gain the most weight?

Another thread about weight gain has got me wondering when ladies experience the most weight gain in pregnancy. I'm hoping mine will be the second trimester because I've gained about 8kg (started out at about 53) and I'm only 19 weeks now.

I kept eating despite MS but definitely ate a lot more carbs and more regularly to try to stave it off. Never threw up. But I feel like I have gained the most in the last month. My food habits have changed. A lot. Never used to have a taste for sweet or carby things before but eating a lot of that stuff now. I was a much healthier eater before I got pregnant and have also scaled down my exercise a lot because I had a miscarriage while running last year. I know it was unrelated but it's in my head whenever I work out.

So I'm worried. Would be really interested to hear other women's experiences. When did you gain the most and what were you to begin with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default in which trimester did you gain the most weight?

With all 4 of mine I didn't start putting weight on until closer to the end of second trimester. By then I piled it on to the extreme.

Edit to add- with DD1 I started at 60kg and finished at 100kg, DD2 80kg finished at 100kg, DD3 I had surgery at 24 weeks so dropped weight really fast instead so didn't put much on until the last few weeks. DD4 I started around 90kg and finished at 117kg - this was the heaviest I've ever been. It has been a huge struggle to get it off too.
    Last edited by BabyG4; 28-07-2016 at 12:17.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

mima38  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started at 60 kg. In both my pregnancies I put on most my weight by 24 weeks (about 9 kg each time by that stage). But then I didn't put on much more at all until after 34-ish weeks. Ended up putting on around 13 kg total with each kid. However, I was down to just 4 kg more than my pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks of birth both times.

12 months after my last pregnancy and my weight is exactly as it was before my first pregnancy (but my body shape has definitely changed!!!).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

mima38  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's encouraging, hollypolly. The funny thing is, besides actually having boobs now and a slightly bigger bum, I don't think I've gained anywhere besides by belly really. All my clothes fit as before, just not around the waist.

How has your body shape changed? I was pretty much flat-chested before and imagine having a couple of deflated water balloons that lift in the breeze instead once I stop breastfeeding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gained basically all my weight in the 1st trimester. Each pregnancy I gained around 10kg in the 1st trimester, and none in the 2nd& 3rd except maybe 1 or 2kg in the final couple of weeks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

mima38  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mima38 View Post
    That's encouraging, hollypolly. The funny thing is, besides actually having boobs now and a slightly bigger bum, I don't think I've gained anywhere besides by belly really. All my clothes fit as before, just not around the waist.

How has your body shape changed? I was pretty much flat-chested before and imagine having a couple of deflated water balloons that lift in the breeze instead once I stop breastfeeding!
    Oh yeah, my boobs are pretty deflated. They were big E cups before pregnancy (GG during and in the first months of breastfeeding!) now they are so soft and flat. But then, I have spent 3 years in total so far breastfeeding, so I don't mind too much.

My tummy is rounder than it used to be. But I do think some of that is due to my lack of motivation to exercise these days. My hips are hippier too, which also could probably be fixed with a bit more exercise.

I was so worried about weight gain the first time. Esp when I was stacking it on to begin with. But then the crazy hunger I had for most of the first two trimesters eased a bit, the weight gain slowed, and it ended up not being too bad.

I ended up the same as my post pregnancy weight but did nothing at all to lose any baby weight. I know a few less cakes and cutting my nightly glass of red would help get me in better shape. But then I think life would also be less enjoyable.

Also, when I was pregnant I read what all the weight gain is and it made me feel better (and it explained why I lost so much in hospital). It is about 10 kg all up of baby, placenta, extra blood fluid etc.
    Last edited by hollypolly; 30-07-2016 at 19:05.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

mima38  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1st pregnancy: during first trimester as I was very little to start with
    2nd pregnancy: third trimester
    3rd pregnancy: probably first again (only 17 weeks at the moment and starting to thin out in rest of body and just have a belly now)

This pregnancy I have been the most laxxed with my eating as I was just too sick to care. Trying to remain quite active though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

mima38  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gain weight in the first and second trimester second, and lose it in the third.

I'm so tired in the third trimester, I generally prefer sleep over food.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

mima38  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me the 3rd trimester

16. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

mima38  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    3rd and 4th trimester I had pnd both times and I'm An emotional eater. Both times I lost weight in the 1st Tri.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

mima38  (31-07-2016)