+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I want to crawl under a rock and never come out

Ok so a bit about me first. I'm a single mum with two kids. I regularly attend a medical office for one of my children and there is a guy who works there who I thought was flirting with me. How did I think he was flirting with me I hear you ask??, ok here is the list of what I thought were the signs:

1. Lingering eye contact - big smiles and raising of eyebrows and a general happiness when I walk in the door.
    2. Saying hello to me (but only to me, he seemed to always ignore everyone else who walked in)
    3. Catching him looking over at me when he thinks I'm not looking
    4. Telling my kid to listen to me when I am trying to get him to pick up the toys in the waiting area and then looking to me for approval with (again a huge smile and raising of eyebrows) a nod of the head.
    5. Sticking his chest out and acting manly when I am around.

Ok so now that I have written it all down, it's not a lot to go on and I am feeling even more humiliated that I could have read all the signs so wrong!

My silly friends told me to go for it, what's there to lose right? I have lost my dignity and I am so stupid for acting like such a kid and for doing this so wrong!

So this is what I did...

I looked him up on Facebook, as you do when you want to know more about someone. I somehow managed to get his number and email address without a lot of effort just by looking him up.

So while I was in the waiting room, and I noticed one of the stupid signs I thought was flirting, I decided to email him and mention how sexy I thought he looked in his suit.

HE giggled to himself when he read the message so he obviously got it! He looked at me and smirked again. He was quite proud of himself I might add! But he IGNORED the message and continued to work.

Omg somebody please hide me and never let me come out again. It has been two weeks and still no reply. I tried one more attempt at contacting him just so he was certain that it was me and not a random email mix up and again, NADA!

So now I have this issue that I am certain he has mentioned my emails to his work colleagues who I also have to deal with and I am just feeling so awkward and uneasy about going back. But I have to! My child needs to be there. This was a huge mistake and so borderline sexual harassment and I have no idea how to fix it.

Please help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We all do embarrassing things...I've done heaps. From what you've said, I mean what man giggles? Maybe he is gay. It wouldn't be worth changing medical centres. I wouldn't pursue him anymore though. He sounds like a bit of a jerk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awkward. He's being pretty rude and playing games. A true gentleman would give at least a "thanks but no thanks". Who has time for that?

If you have to return, you are just going to have do it, face the music. It will be awkward but it will pass. Good luck. X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Olive Oil; 28-07-2016 at 07:15.

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Olive Oil; 28-07-2016 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Olive Oil; 28-07-2016 at 07:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you send another message just saying I'm sorry for the inappropriate contact I'm mortified lets just pretend it never happened (which he kind of is anyway but gives you some closure on it)?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would move on and pretend it was a joke. Keep doing what you're doing. He's probably had his ego stroked and liked it. What's mortifying for women tends to be commonplace for guys. He's probably like "hey there's that chick who thinks I'm sexy" and moves on.

I think it's only sexual harassment if you work with him, and this was a once off.

But yes I do think he might be gay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear bh, what happened there!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Oh dear bh, what happened there!?
    I saw it in another thread as well

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post: