Ok so a bit about me first. I'm a single mum with two kids. I regularly attend a medical office for one of my children and there is a guy who works there who I thought was flirting with me. How did I think he was flirting with me I hear you ask??, ok here is the list of what I thought were the signs:
1. Lingering eye contact - big smiles and raising of eyebrows and a general happiness when I walk in the door.
2. Saying hello to me (but only to me, he seemed to always ignore everyone else who walked in)
3. Catching him looking over at me when he thinks I'm not looking
4. Telling my kid to listen to me when I am trying to get him to pick up the toys in the waiting area and then looking to me for approval with (again a huge smile and raising of eyebrows) a nod of the head.
5. Sticking his chest out and acting manly when I am around.
Ok so now that I have written it all down, it's not a lot to go on and I am feeling even more humiliated that I could have read all the signs so wrong!
My silly friends told me to go for it, what's there to lose right? I have lost my dignity and I am so stupid for acting like such a kid and for doing this so wrong!
So this is what I did...
I looked him up on Facebook, as you do when you want to know more about someone. I somehow managed to get his number and email address without a lot of effort just by looking him up.
So while I was in the waiting room, and I noticed one of the stupid signs I thought was flirting, I decided to email him and mention how sexy I thought he looked in his suit.
HE giggled to himself when he read the message so he obviously got it! He looked at me and smirked again. He was quite proud of himself I might add! But he IGNORED the message and continued to work.
Omg somebody please hide me and never let me come out again. It has been two weeks and still no reply. I tried one more attempt at contacting him just so he was certain that it was me and not a random email mix up and again, NADA!
So now I have this issue that I am certain he has mentioned my emails to his work colleagues who I also have to deal with and I am just feeling so awkward and uneasy about going back. But I have to! My child needs to be there. This was a huge mistake and so borderline sexual harassment and I have no idea how to fix it.