Looking for an egg donor | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for an egg donor

Hi All,
    My name is Tracey and I am 44yrs old. I became pregnant at 38 and lost my baby at 14 weeks due to chromosomal problems. It took me 3 years to recover enough mentally to try again. My husband and I have since lost 3 babies over the last few years and have tried IVF twice, using ICSI with no fertilisation success. The consensus is my eggs are just too old, I also suffer from endometriosis, fibroids and ovarian cysts.
    We live in the Yarra Valley Victoria and have a small property with a horse, 2 hand reared cows and 5 dogs.
    I am a research assistant and my husband is a Manager/qualified engineer.
    We desperately would love the chance to have a healthy baby to love and complete our family. Not that it matters but we are fair haired, I have blue/green eyes and my husband has hazel eyes.
    If there is someone out there who feels they could help, or wants to find out more, please msg me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you thought about travelling overseas to South Africa or Greece for an egg donor.. Plenty overseas and no waiting. Can be organised in less than 3 months of planning.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Interested

Last edited by Beka83g; 28-07-2016 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kylie
    Would love to hear your thoughts on the eff donor in SA
    Is there a website that gives more info ???
    Thanks bek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bek... Have a look at the thread "Egg Donation South Africa #13" for more info. Most of my info I have got from there or talking directly with the ladies posting. There are many Aussies going there each year. Most go to Cape Fertility clinic.. CFC.. In Cape Town. I have had one donor egg cycle and return once to have a frosting put in. Bfp on second time but just miscarried at 11 weeks. My first trip there I met up with 2 other Aussie ladies over there for the same thing. Donation is anonymous.. But you do get to choose based on child photos.. Medical history and if the donor is proven or not(though you should speak with the clinic to get an accurate idea of this). Cost are about $10k plus travel for one donor egg cycle. Extra if you need donor sperm. Success rate is about 60% per cycle the clinic says. To go back for a frozen cycle.. The cost is well under $1k plus medication costs. South Africa..esp Cape Town is lovely to visit.. Great country to go on safari and get pregnant . Another popular option is Greece.. However as I had donor US sperm easily shipped to SA.. This is where I will be heading again for another cycle at the end of the year. For more info on Greece.. There is a "egg donation is greece " thread. I think.. The dr in greece chose your donor.. Whereas in SA.. There are many donation agencies do you chose yr donor. SA pays their donor (not much.. But equivalent to about half a months salary)... So this is why there are plenty of donors. From starting the search to transfer could be 10 to 12 weeks.. So pretty fast to organise once the ball gets rolling. Hope this helps and good luck. There are lots of options out there. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions. K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kylie,
    Yes I have been looking into this also.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @traceyv, I am pregnant with my second child through egg donation at CFC in South Africa. I am 43, and will be 44 just after bub arrives in a couple of months time.

I'm happy to give you information on that process if you're interested. Please feel free to PM me, or visit the thread Kylie mentioned. That thread is where I got my courage to go down that path.

You will also find the "IVF over 40" thread has some very helpful ladies who are going down the donor egg path and may be able to advise on finding a donor in Australia, if that's what you prefer.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A close friend of mine has undergone ivf with de at the fertility clinic in Gdansk, Poland. No waiting list, much cheaper, great service. Agree with kylie764- consider de at overseas clinics.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to batbat For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tracey.
    Ive just finished my round of ivf that gave me twins.
    Im a single mum, I know what it is like to want a child so bad.
    I am in the process of becoming an unknown egg donor thru my fertility clinic. But could be open to being a known donor.
    I live in south aust.