+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Advice needed please don't leave me to Dr Google

Today I discovered a bruised lump on my outer bicep area that I don't know where it came from because until I discovered it by running my hand down my arm as it hasn't hurt. Now the bruise and lump (which feels hard and can't really be moved) is getting bigger and due to me being on a 9-10 hour flight yesterday Mum and DH are worried about it being a clot. I wonder if I could have just torn something lifting and lugging large heavy suitcases and a heavy toddler, but I would think I would have felt a tear when it happened because when I tore my calf muscles I felt them tear and heard the pop. So if anyone has any ideas please share I can't get into the Dr until Friday but am concerned that if it's something serious should I try get into another dr or go to the e.r. I will post a pic so you get a idea on what I am talking about, please excuse the blue sharpie marks that is just helping me to see if it gets bigger overnight.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1469614602.518491.jpg

The bruise

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1469614682.478551.jpg

The lump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It looks as though you have knocked it and caused a bruise but because you have been on a long flight I would be going to the er to rule out a blood clot. I don't want to scare you but if it is a blood clot it can go from bad to worse very quickly. My DH had a blood clot in his calf (from surgery) which the doctor didn't pick up and 2 days later he was rush to hospital with cluster of clots in his lungs. Better to get these things checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    It looks as though you have knocked it and caused a bruise but because you have been on a long flight I would be going to the er to rule out a blood clot. I don't want to scare you but if it is a blood clot it can go from bad to worse very quickly. My DH had a blood clot in his calf (from surgery) which the doctor didn't pick up and 2 days later he was rush to hospital with cluster of clots in his lungs. Better to get these things checked out.
    Thanks for the reply, the clot thing scares me too but I am hoping because I was constantly moving on the flight (racing to the loo to vomit) kept me mobile enough to help prevent them forming. Just in case I spoke to the er who weren't very helpful and said its not a emergency so no Dr would be called anyway. I will ring the Drs in the morning to see if they have had a cancellation so I don't have to wait until Friday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely get it checked out but DVTs are deeper, tender, not on the surface and more likely present with redness( not bruising) in the legs. I'd guess you may have knocked it. HOWEVER always best to get checked so I'm glad you're getting in to the Dr ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The lump has grown bigger and the bruising has spread, no sleep was had due to the pain radiating up and down my arm which isn't a good thing considering I am already suffering the effects of jet lag so if I can't get into my Dr today I will try another surgery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep. To the Dr with you. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drs at 2, bruise has spread more and lump is sticking out the side of my arm and growing

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1469673450.914246.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it's nothing serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed op, let us know how you go xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have torn my bicep hopefully I will be ok in a few weeks if it doesn't heal more scans will be needed but I was sent for urgent scans today to make sure there was no clotting though

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (28-07-2016),Happymum2  (28-07-2016),JustJaq  (28-07-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (28-07-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (28-07-2016)