Closed Thread
Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianasmum View Post
    a quick update.. went for blood test and scan this morning. The nurse couldn't find my right ovary.
    She did find 2 follies in my left 17mm in size. Good size I was told. My lining was good, 9mm..
    the nurse was very supportive and kind.. I burst into tears
    my DP was there to support me and to learn how to give me the injection. Tonight I will start with menoupor 150UI. I had elonva injection last week.
    I was also told to go back for another scan and blood test this friday..
    a friend of mine did IVF 2 years ago. She was 35 when she did it and she had 2 eggs out of 3 follies. She has a cute baby girl now.. so hoping and praying..

That's good news so far Luv!!!

There's a good chance there could be more follicles growing on the right ovary too. The blood test results from today will give your FS an idea if that's the case (in particular the E2 or estrogen levels).

So you're topping up with Menopur injections to grow the follicles a bit more until they get to the right size for EPU. Fridays scan will tell you when that is likely to be

being sent you way....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Ok fert results are in for me and it's not great. All 9 eggs were mature but we only have 4 embryos. 4 didn't survive and 1 didn't fertilise. So with the huge drop off I usually get at day 4 we will lucky to have any this cycle ������. Maybe I should start focusing on our frostie and hoping it survives the thaw.

Am sorry the fertilisation rate wasn't better for you Luv

and prayers being sent that the 4 you've got all make it to testing Luv

What's the plan?? When will they PGD test them?? On Monday??

Will you transfer your frostie on Monday or do a fresh a fresh transfer on Monday?? A combination of frozen and fresh if they can't be tested???

Or is a wait and see what Wazza says situation???

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    H @Tinachris, we've had a bit of a battle here. I got PND really suddenly about 4 weeks ago and was incapacitated by it. My family really pulled together and got me through though and the medication has now properly kicked in and I feel back to myself. The twins are going great. Jackson is a big lump and Charlotte is so dainty I'm sorry to say that i still haven't been keeping up with BH especially lately, sorry guys. I've only just moved back into home this week after staying with family for the last three weeks and going into the Ellen Barron sleep clinic next week with the twins but to be honest they are in such a good routine and sleeping so well at night that I'm not sure they can do much for me! Having said that, we were urgently admitted while I was in the depths of PND and its so hard to get in there, I'm certainly not going to pass it up. I hope everyone on here is going well, I'll scan through and try to update myself. Thanks for thinking of me..

Am so glad to hear you're going from strength to strength in your recovery Luv!!!

That's great that you're back home again too

Fantastic that the twins are in a routine now but totally get why you still want to go to EB sleep clinic anyway. Am sure you'll pick up some extra tips and tricks while you're there

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (03-08-2016),JulieMalooley  (03-08-2016),pingc383  (03-08-2016),Tahli  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor congratulations finding a donor

@Arianasmum welcome! Sorry your scan didn't go to plan

@Heyside but still possible from the 4

@Blossom74 lots of great thoughts on the 63/78yo couple having a baby! I know a couple of people that were raised by their grandparents - nothing ever said about it as they didn't give birth - but they still raised the children and did it well... So when they spoke about the 'social implications' on the TV today I thought that was a bit rude given those being raised by grandparents would also be affected so?... I personally know I couldn't have a baby at that age as I'm already stressing that this last shot won't work and I'll never have the baby I always wanted (I'll be 47 when baby(s) born if it works) - but this couple have already made a decision and can't undo it - and they'll now need support not criticism to ensure the best for the baby/child...

@JulieMalooley - I'm sorry you had PND but glad the meds are helping!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-08-2016),Blossom74  (03-08-2016),Caesardust  (03-08-2016),Heyside  (03-08-2016),JulieMalooley  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside sorry that you didn't get the results you were hoping for. FX that you get some for testing. Will you get another update in two days?
    Welcome @Arianasmum, that lining measurement is good @JulieMalooley sorry to hear what you've been going through, am glad that everyone pulled together for you and you are starting to feel better. Good on you for getting help when you needed it as well. Defo keep the sleep clinic appt, they are like gold dust! You might learn some tricks for the future @Billie2 is it today you get your BT results? Crossing everything for you. What did you decide to do about the scan? @Tahli I hope you find your earring, that is upsetting. I just caught one of mine falling out my ear this morning as the back had fallen off, god knows where that went. I hear you on the BT's, truly awful with little ones. DD had countless ones done and the worst was at the childrens hospital where you'd think they'd know better. No emla cream and they stuffed up so had to do it again. Not nice at all, I think I cried as much as she did

My opinion, 63 is too old and I think they are selfish. Sometimes its not about what you want, they could both well be dead in 20 years and their child will have no one. I get this is an over 40's thread and many of us would not be parents without IVF (myself included) but surely there has to be a line in the sand? She can collect her pension in two years time. And keeping up with a toddler at 65? Yeah, good luck with that. Morally I think its wrong but that is just my opinion. IVF for medical reasons, yes, IVF for infertility reasons, yes, IVF to go against the very nature of life? NO. Surely there's a reason why 60 year olds can't have kids naturally?!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-08-2016),Blossom74  (03-08-2016),Heyside  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor I forgot to congratulate you! Congratulations hun! Let the countdown begin
    @Bongley is it wrong I'm jealous you've lost 10kg already? You must be back to normal already!! Once you do your WOTB you can probably get rid of a couple more When is that booked for? I think I've got another 18 mths to go before I have to get mine done again

Oh, three more days of my nilstat and then I should be al fixed!
    Last edited by Molros; 03-08-2016 at 11:24.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-08-2016),Blossom74  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks everyone

I have an unrelated question for you - my friend is looking into freezing her eggs for the future. does anyone have recommendations for clinics in Melbourne/VIC and rough costs involved? so she can start ringing around. which are the good clinics in Melbourne/VIC? for different price ranges eg low cost + full price
    thanks
    Last edited by winsor; 03-08-2016 at 11:49.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Blossom74 for your post. You are right that this is an over 40's thread and she could very well pop on here for support or even read along so with that in mind I thank you for your post. While I personally wouldn't do it myself you made a few good points. Gosh I'm nearly at the end of my tether now and she has almost 30 years on me ☺
    @Heyside sorry about the fertilisation numbers hun I really hope you get a couple of good ones by the end of the week xo.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016),Caesardust  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there is definitely more pressure on the warrior women. With all the trauma we go through just to get pregnant and then the stress of being a parent as well as the expectations we have for ourselves it's definitely an emotional experience. Not that I am trying to put anyone here off but when you get there girls, when you have your bub please be kind to yourselves. xx It's hard work.

On another note I watched ABC news breakfast this morning and Virginia Triolli was great in defending the over 40's. I particularly related to the idea of social infertility in that I would have loved to have kids younger but never met the right guy at that age. Anyway, I personally had no problem at 43 being pregnant and just heard of yet another early 20's lady ( my cousins daughter) who had pre eclampsia and had her bub at 31 weeks. People's bodies are different in what they can take.
    In the past I would have been more critical of age but now I know how heartbreaking it is to be without children I find it difficult to pass judgement. I did feel a little twinge though for the child who would probably lose their parents as a young adult or even in their teens.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016),Maxwellsmum  (03-08-2016),Rhino  (03-08-2016),tuxcat  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I just read that the dad is 78

What the actual?!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-08-2016),winsor  (03-08-2016)