Closed Thread
Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    The Over 40's Warrior Woman Roll Call

July/
    August

Cycling-@40NotOut - OE Stim Cycle
    -@skeeter - OE Stim Cycle
    -@Heyside - EPU 02/08
    - @Caesardust - DE Cycle
    -@Tahli - Wazza Appointment
    -@Maxwellsmum - FET
    -@Lastchance75 - DE FETx3 Hawaii
    - @Charlie74 - OE FET
    TWTorture
    -@midnite01 Day 2 transfer 23/07
    -@Jazabelle13 DET

Graduates
    - @Green lady - BFFP!!!
    -@Billie2 -BFFP!!!!

TLC
    - @ECM1981
    -@Tinachris
    - @Lucky8
    -@pingc383

Appointments/Procedures

Awaiting DE
    - @winsor - EDA
    - @tuxcat - Begin counselling process week of 04/7
    - @Blossom74 - Begin counselling process 08/7
    - @jo-anne.36
    -@Summer-Deciding on DE options with DH
    - @MissDa - EDA

MIA

Babies due
    - @JulieMalooley - B/G Twins Delivered C-Section 24/05
    - @faithandhopellove - Baby Girl + Angel Baby "Little Bubba" 31/05
    - @Corbes -Baby Girl 08/07
    - @Bongley-Baby Boy - 14/07
    - @Lolly99 - B/G Twins Delivered C-Sections 21/07
    - @Felicity Fox - EDD 19th October
    - @AnnaMM - EDD 19th December
    - @MamaKes- EDD- 23 December
    - @Gagingi - EDD- 25 December
    - @Molros - EDD - 28 December
    - @Gen72- EDD 6 Jan 2017
    - @Precious40- EDD 13 Jan 2017
    - @tegs26 - EDD 31 Jan 2017
    -@Green lady - EDD 11 Mar 2017
    September
    - @Blossom74 - DE Cycle
    - @Rhino - DE Cycle - Greece
    - @tuxcat - DE Cycle
    - @gorgeousgeorge - DE Cycle - Greece

October
    - @amie999 - DE Cycle
    -@Summer - DE Cycle
    -@Bradders - DE Cycle - Greece

November

December

January 2017
    - @emski72 - DE Cycle - Cape Town
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-07-2016 at 19:29.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (31-07-2016),Tinachris  (30-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Saw this in the Reviewers Section Lovelies:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...69#post8533569

There's a new IVF Coaching App for Android phones and BH are looking for reviewers to test them out

Click on the link if interested

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (02-08-2016),Blossom74  (31-07-2016),Tinachris  (30-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for this @BlondeinBrisvegas! All makes sense to me except the 100mg aspirin that I only did during stim + after transfer.

Were you doing aspirin even between your cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @LillyM A copy and paste from a file where I've saved the list. Pls excuse the bold type.

For Her: Folic Acid (Megafol brand usually over the counter at the chemist) 1x5mg tab a day, Berroca 1x day (I substituted a Mega B capsule instead), Fish Oil 1000mg's a day, Zinc- 40mg's a day, Vitamin E 500mg's (1000iu) a day, Co-Enzyme Q10 200-400mg's a day (I did 300 mg's a day), Low dose aspirin 100mg's a day, DHEA 3x25mg caps a day, Melatonin 1x5mg capsule at night. I also added Vit D as I was low in it and Fresh Royal Jelly (1/2tsp a day) but you could take it capsule form too.

For Him: Aloe Vera Juice 20mls at night, Zinc 40mg's, Pumpkin seeds >10 per day (I just gave DP 1 tbs of peppita's every day), Folic Acid 5mg's a day, Goji berries 1xtbs a day or 20 mls a day of Goji berry juice, Selenium 100mcg/day.

You can take all of these right up until EPU (except the DHEA, you have to decrease to 1 capsule a day from Day 2 of stims until EPU). You also need a script for the DHEA/Melatonin here in Aus and have it made up at a Compounding Chemist.

Some of the Girls here on BH buy it online from o/seas. I think they use sites like iherb to purchase it??

I also remember Wazza giving me some reading material about Myo-inositol as well from memory. Some of his current Girls will hopefully chime in and update you about that and anything else on the list I've posted just in case anything's changed/added etc.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-07-2016),Blossom74  (31-07-2016),Tinachris  (30-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas, spot on! My clinic thinks embies are better off in their natural environment, and having only 2 or 3, I admit I'd rather have them put back inside me although it's more a mental thing I reckon.
    I think they do it for the psychological factor as well - nothing worse than going through the entire stim and EPU and have nothing to transfer! Been there at my first cycle and that was a tough one.

I'm ok with that because cost-wise, it doesn't change a thing so I might as well give it a go. I'm with Primary IVF in Sydney, bulk bill clinic.

Also FS I think said that the test might damage the embryo which put me off the idea completely. But I'll ask again about it, can't remember the convo well.

That's fair enough if yh that because cost-wise, ou've only got 2 or 3 embies to transfer I can see why you'd rather just put them back and leave it to fate though you could always grow them out to Day 5 and see if they make the grade that way too without doing the PGD??On one side of the fence you have the FS who believe (like Wazza) in growing an embryo out to Day 5 in the dish regardless of how many you have as he believes if they can make it to Day 5 then you're in with a chance.On the other side of the fence are the FS who believe it's better to put them back in earlier (especially if you've only got a couple on the go) as they believe they're better off in your oven than in the dish plus at least then you also cut the risk of having nothing to transfer as well.PGD testing of the embryo will tell you if the embryo is chromosomally normal or not which ensures that you're not wasting your time and money transferring embryo's that are duds and have no chance of implanting. However, in order to PGD test the embryo's, they do need to meet certain criteria. The first one being that they have to be of a really high grading (is my understanding) and most labs take the sample of cells from Day 5 embryo's also.Some of the Lovelies here who have had PGD testing done can advise further about it all Shall update the Roll Call and post Supplements List and protocol in separate posts for you

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-07-2016),Blossom74  (31-07-2016),Tinachris  (30-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh My.
    Now that's an impressive protocol....

Thanks heaps @BIB! Will check the links out too! X

- @LillyM This is the AACEP Protocol I was on for Cycles 4/5 with Wazza. In this protocol my FSH was lower than in Cycle 4 (my choice) and I also opted to use Puregon in combination with the Menopur as well. I'm not sure if you know about the AACEP Protocol as it's different to just doing the Estrogen Priming part of it???

Here's a link to an article that Wazza gave me to read about it and there's also some great info on Dr Geoffrey Sher's website too:

http://www.fertstert.org/issue/S0015-0282(08)X0189-X

Click on the link and scroll down to the "In vitro fertilisation" section and click on this article:
    Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist/antagonist conversion with estrogen priming in low responders with prior in vitro fertilization failure

Day 1..Call FN to confirm dates for treatment

Day 4: Commence active pill and take continuously for 16 days
    Day 11: Commence Lucrin injection- 1 unit per day, Commence Prednisone- 2 per day in the morning and keep taking every day
    Day 19: Cease active pill..last one today and expect AF 3-4 days later (could be up to a week for some women) If having an Endo scratch and Lipoidal Flush (or just the Endo scratch), get it done on Day 21/22. Still continue with Lucrin and Prednisone.

Wait for AF and begin Stimulation Cycle:
    Day 1: Call FN and make appointments for Day 2/8/11 (BT's and scan's). continue Lucrin and Prednisone
    Day 2: Scan/BT's..Start Progynova (if doing estrogen priming), FSH injections (alternating one day with Gonal-F/Puregon, the next Menopur at whatever amount your FS wants you to take), start using Nitrodur patch (to widen blood vessels for better blood flow to ovaries, uterus etc), Commence 3mg injections of Saizen (if using) from today until day of Trigger
    Day 3: Commence Clexane 40mg's 1xinjection per day, continue Progynova, FSH, Nitrodur Patch, Lucrin and Prednisone
    Day 4: Cease Lucrin (last injection today) and continue on with the rest
    Day 5: Continue on with the rest as per Day 3 (except Lucrin)
    Day 6: Commence Cetrtotide or Orgalutran (I always used Cetrotide) today at 9pm..1/2 injection today only and all the rest as above
    Day 7: Continue Cetrotide injection..1/2 an injection at 9pm and all the rest as above
    Day8: Continue Cetrotide..1 full injection today at 9pm and from now on until Trigger. Continue with all the rest as above and commence Luveris injections daily as directed by your FS (I never used the Luveris as my LH levels were ok, so it may be dependant on your LH levels if you use it or not)
    Day 9: Continue everything as per Day 8

Day10/11: Continue everything as above until Trigger, but cease Clexane 2 days prior to EPU.

What dosage of FSH will be what works for you and your ovaries Luv but for me a lower dose was what worked best

Hope this helps

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #35

@Blossom74 your veggies look amazing! @Maxwellsmum I never went to the pub lol that would've come in handy that time I was begging Charlotte for a Valium cause I was a blubbering mess about my body/eggs/stupid cycle but she said no one ever brings any left overs of that drug back!! lol!! Should've gone done some shots!!
    Last edited by Tinachris; 30-07-2016 at 07:04.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-07-2016),Blossom74  (31-07-2016),tuxcat  (30-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    @BlondeinBriavegas - whose vitamin protocol is this?
    Warrens

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-07-2016),Blossom74  (31-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @BlondeinBriavegas - whose vitamin protocol is this?

Yep...It's Wazza's

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (31-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi everyone, just had a failed second cycle. Not sure if it was a chemical or not because I take pregnyl shots, so it could still be the pregnyl in my system when they do 11dp3dt bloods. Waiting for AF so I can start my first FET..

Oh Luv, I'm so sorry to hear your Cycle was a BFN It's a real kick in the guts and it hurts your heart every bloody time whether you're expecting it or not

The Embryologists can only grade your eggs on their maturity based on their appearance under the microscope Luv. They can't tell just from looking at them whether the eggs are chromosomally normal or not.

This pdf link explains it:

https://www.globalfertilityacademy.o...-en/2/2-05.pdf

Unfortunately as we get older (from late 30's onwards but most notable from 40 pluis), a good proportion of our eggs are going to be chromosomally abnormal anyway even if they are mature enough to be used when collected at EPU. That's just the reality of what happens biologically to egg quality as we get older.

For some women, it happens to their ovaries/eggs quality a lot younger and there's not a lot you can do about it either

That's why some people go down the PGD path if they have the embryo numbers, embryo quality and the $. So they know the embryo's are chromosomally normal. Grading's don't tell you that either though to be fair, your chances of getting a BFFP would be higher with a higher grade embryo.

In saying that, all 3 of my embryo's that were transferred on my successful Cycle were graded Average/Above Average...so nowhere near "top drawer".

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (31-07-2016),LillyM  (30-07-2016),Rhino  (01-08-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas, spot on! My clinic thinks embies are better off in their natural environment, and having only 2 or 3, I admit I'd rather have them put back inside me although it's more a mental thing I reckon.
    I think they do it for the psychological factor as well - nothing worse than going through the entire stim and EPU and have nothing to transfer! Been there at my first cycle and that was a tough one.

I'm ok with that because cost-wise, it doesn't change a thing so I might as well give it a go. I'm with Primary IVF in Sydney, bulk bill clinic.

Also FS I think said that the test might damage the embryo which put me off the idea completely. But I'll ask again about it, can't remember the convo well.
    My understanding is when they test the embryo's on Day 3 that they run the risk of damaging them more than when they test them on Day 5 as on Day 5 they have more cells to choose from hence lowering the risk of damaging them.

As I say, one of the Lovelies who have had their embies PGD'd will be able clarify further

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (31-07-2016),LillyM  (30-07-2016),winsor  (30-07-2016)