+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know anything about the aldi shakes, but I did try the tony ferguson shakes a few years back. I could not stay with them. Eventually I developed an intolerance to the shakes and the soups. I hope you find some one to answer your question. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1926 View Post
    Low GI which for someone with PCOS this is a game changer.
    Do you follow a particular low go diet or did you see a dietician? I know I should be doing this but I am terribly undisciplined and a little clueless when it comes to low GI.

I'm 85kg, goal 65kg....
    I have found breastfeeding seems to make me insatiably hungry which everyone says will go when I stop but I don't know when that will be!
    My plan is to stop buying the bad and fill my home up with the good, but I think I'm the type of person who would do better with a bit of structure....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck all, I did post in here, that's my only advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    Do you follow a particular low go diet or did you see a dietician? I know I should be doing this but I am terribly undisciplined and a little clueless when it comes to low GI.

I'm 85kg, goal 65kg....
    I have found breastfeeding seems to make me insatiably hungry which everyone says will go when I stop but I don't know when that will be!
    My plan is to stop buying the bad and fill my home up with the good, but I think I'm the type of person who would do better with a bit of structure....
    Hey so sorry I have just seen your comment.

I didnt see a dietician. I really go with the rule nothing in a packet. I cook everything with herbs and spices. There is so much sugar in everything you buy in packets. No complex carbs like white rice, breads and pasta. I also cut beer out and all soda. I do drink soda water. I drink coconut milk instead and I dont really eat alot of dairy.

I eat alot of brown rice. I use turkey mince instead of beef.

I think the trick is to swap for a healther option. Cook everything and avoid sugar everywhere you can.

If I am naughty I will have some dark choclate. 😁

I workout around 5 times a week now. I run 3 to 4km every second day.

I am 64kg at the moment about to complete my first IUI so I have slowed down on the exercise this week.

Also acupuncture is amazing and was huge in my weight loss journey!

Happy to post some of my recipes or my meals

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy1926 For This Useful Post:

Tdez  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1926 View Post
    Happy to post some of my recipes or my meals
    Yes please!

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did put on a bit of weight while on holiday, as you do. I am back to the gym everyday I can, and I have lost 400 gms this week. I have started seeing a dietian and she has me writing down everything I eat. I am sure there will be a few things that I need to avoid. I have been thinking " a little bit wont hurt" , but these little things do add up. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never dieted and now after 3 kids and turning 40 it's time I did . I got asked by my sons teacher if I was pregnant yesterday ! The thing is I really don't eat much at all ! I'm bigger than ever but I hate exercise . So next week I'm doing a week of soups . Is this a good way to start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doc prescribed Durimine for me on Sunday but I didn't want to go down that road, started taking Garcinia Cambogia & doing some light exercise & have lost 1.4kg in 4 days, got about 10kg to go so will see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    a week of home made soups would be ok for me, but I wonder if everyone would be ok for that sort of thing. ?? I hated exercise too, until I found a great gym. take your time to check out whatever gyms are in your area. I joined Curves because I wanted the meal plans, and the exercise together. Now I just use the exercise part, and I love going to My gym. It is great to exercise in a comfortable environment, and with friendly people. marie.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    71.9 today. I think it is because I have had two very unusual days in that I have eaten very lightly. like almost starved. Anyway. I will continue my normal eating and exercising, and see my result next week. good luck everyone. marie.