+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I want to loose about 5 kgs. I have lost 10kg over last year, but I have been stuck around 72kg for the longest time. I have glimpsed 71, and so I am working harder now. I go to the gym 5 days a week, I don't follow any particular diet, but I eat low fat, and smaller portions, but with the occasional treat. good luck everyone, marie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default New diet thread :)

Don't focus on the scales....you lose weight in areas and don't see it. I have lost close to 30kg.

My diet was.....
    Exercise 4 days a week
    Cheat on the weekend (your body needs a shock to the system
    No sugar
    Less carbs
    No junk
    No deep fried (I do cry for chicken for my chicken salad (lunch)
    Small portion dinners (you go to bed so you can't burn what you have eaten)

Good luck

Edit to add....I still do this "diet"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (27-07-2016),Marchbundle  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I started my weight lost journey in January at 75kg with my goal 65kg. Last week I finally hit that goal! I am 65Kg.

I have PCOS and DP and I want to start a family so it was time to get my body ready.

Gym at less 4 days a week (30 mins of cardio at min)
    I also make sure I do weight training as it can help burn fat

Diet
    Low GI which for someone with PCOS this is a game changer.
    Also I love beer but cut back big time. A glass of red wine occasionally is it for me
    I have also have acupuncture and have taken some herbs and supplements N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and T-Clear Hormone Metabolism Support both helping me manage my hormones and insulin levels.

Also for someone that had irregular AF now I have a regular cycle 😁

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amy1926 For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (29-07-2016),Tdez  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why and what came over me tonight but i ate a big mac. just gross, id not had maccas for donkeys.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    well done amy1926, it feels so good to reach the goal weight. !!! Today I weighed 71.8kg. I seem to be doing the right things through the week and relaxing too much on the weekends. Time for a new approach, I think. good luck, marie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Amy1926  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to weigh myself & start tomorrow - will see how motivation goes to actually achieve anything. I know that it is somewhere in the vicinity of 40-50kgs I need to lose but am going to try to do it without stressing myself out over it.

My tactics are going to be to attempt to stop the binge, no eat for days, binge again habit I've gotten into & to reach the goal I've set with my recovery clinician of walking my dog (who is desperate need of more exercise -think kelpie x - than she is getting) on the beach 3-4 times each week

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Amy1926  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    I'm going to weigh myself & start tomorrow - will see how motivation goes to actually achieve anything. I know that it is somewhere in the vicinity of 40-50kgs I need to lose but am going to try to do it without stressing myself out over it.

My tactics are going to be to attempt to stop the binge, no eat for days, binge again habit I've gotten into & to reach the goal I've set with my recovery clinician of walking my dog (who is desperate need of more exercise -think kelpie x - than she is getting) on the beach 3-4 times each week
    I too am in need of losing that much. It sounds a huge amount but it's doable.
    I tried to start this week and did really well until Wednesday lol. We have started house sitting last night so I'm keen to do a grocery shop tomoz and get back into it next week. I need to stop binging as well, and I need to calorie count to keep myself accountable. I just find it really difficult to stay on track.
    I wish I didn't like junk food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quietly following, I'm 86 and have a goal of 72. I have two los under one and work full time so it's a struggle cooking real food but I had a health scare and must get myself into better shape

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today i went to a trampoline park, boy did my body get a workout doing the fitness class. I enjoyed it as its something different. I'm up 1kg. So taking it easy this weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone tried the Aldi shakes? I've heard they are quite good.