*Trigger warning* NSW Health Minister called to resign after hospital scandal | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default *Trigger warning* NSW Health Minister called to resign after hospital scandal

Money won't bring back the baby but I'm sure during this tragedy they may have taken time off work and the emotional stress and depression that will surely come for the family , the money may at least help pay for medical bills and expenses they have had to pay for now and in the future

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

amyd  (27-07-2016),HeavenBlue  (29-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Compensation won't do anything to "fix" it, but it may provide the family with financial security which would benefit other children.

Ultimately it's their prerogative. The family of that little boy who died at Disney have chosen not to seek compensation for their loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think seeking compensation is often about much more than just receiving money.

It's about acknowledgement of their loss, taking a stand against an act of injustice and bringing awareness to an atrocity that they don't want to see another family go through.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-07-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (27-07-2016),HillDweller  (27-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (27-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the respnaes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Saw this just before online

What a joke?

A parent can never recover from the death of a child my own folks have never gotten over my big brothers death when he was a teenager and this was 30yrs ago

No amount of money can repair the damage that a family will endure

But to read this article it's truly a joke

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/death-of-b...26-gqdpuu.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just can't get my head around this story.

I've had two children. DH does medical gas fitting as his job so when we went to our first viewing of hospital he installed the gas's! When I saw this I couldn't believe such a mistake had been made.

Please do not blame one person. Even if BOC connected xyz I'm assuming checks etc would of had to be done. So it's a collective error. As redcreamingsoda said, you can't complain etc in this day and age. You will get fired etc.

Also I would like to add I fear for the many more errors with medical funding cut from hospitals etc but this family must be going through hell.