Weaning early | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all ure replies guys,theres no talking to my husband,he thinks hes right about everything and wont listen to anyone,he hates going to the doctors and dosnt want to take our son there,its a very stressful situation im in,hes great with everything else with our son its just hes so adament on starting solids,thankfully after a huge argument he didnt give anything to our son today

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks for feedback

Theres just no talking with dh,he thinks hes right about everything and wont listen to anyone,he dosnt trust doctors so wont take ds there,hes so adament on starting solids as he thinks ds is not getting enough nutrients,its a very stressful time,thankfully he didnt give ds anything today

Thanks
    Reviews

Theres just no talking with dh,he thinks hes right about everything and wont listen to anyone,he dosnt trust doctors so wont take ds there,hes so adament on starting solids as he thinks ds is not getting enough nutrients,its a very stressful time,thankfully he didnt give ds anything today

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe its just a growth spurt,ds went from drinking 90ml to 120ml and since dh gave him a bit of solids ds has been drinking less formula,dh just wont listen to me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Formula has all of the nutrients he needs for his rapid development, carrot purée and eggs does not! Continuing to give him solids will ensure he's getting LESS nutrients because he'll drink less milk with solids in his tummy. Your husband is being ridiculous.

There is a growth spurt/wonder week around now. Babies go through phases of needing to eat more, it doesn't mean they need solids. I suggest downloading the wonder weeks app which goes by your due date so that you at least have a guide of developmental phases and why he may need to feed more.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (28-07-2016),gingermillie  (28-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (28-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle5 View Post
    I believe its just a growth spurt,ds went from drinking 90ml to 120ml and since dh gave him a bit of solids ds has been drinking less formula,dh just wont listen to me...
    yes it's probably a growth spurt...that's what babies do - they grow!! lots!

so what if he's drinking more? that's what they're supposed to do. it's not a sign that they need solids.

your husband sounds incredibly uneducated and pig headed. I'm very concerned for your ds right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle5 View Post
    That's actually very dangerous @Michelle5. The fact that your baby is consuming less formula because your uneducated DH is forcing food into him means that he is NOT getting the nutrients he needs as the food is displacing formula consumption. This is so dangerous for a rapidly developing brain and body. You say your DH won't listen. I'm sorry that's not good enough. You need to do something here and take action to protect your child. You need to consider your baby as a 10 week old. There is no health professional that would sanction what your DH is doing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (28-07-2016),ilex  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    if your husband refuses to listen and continued to enforce such dangerous practice then as far as I'm concerned that's domestic abuse. and I consider it negligent if you as the baby's mother don't step in.

agree with ginger millie, it's not an excuse and it's not good enough.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this actually for real? I'm sorry but it is ringing alarms bells for me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (28-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (28-07-2016)