+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are opks accurate with PCOS ?

Are they an accurate way to track ovulation when you have PCOS ?

I have semi regular cycles ( they are normally within a week of when it's ment to be and its roughly 35days long )

I had a few positive opks this month but a few days apart. Which I haven't really had before ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have pcos and have never had a true positive opk. I have ovulated 3 times (and gotten pregnant those 3 times) and used opks multiple times a day and never gotten a pos opk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have PCOS and they kind of worked for me. My cycle was pretty much the same as yours. Some months I'd get a positive and O 2 days later. Some months I'd get a positive and not O. Then, if I kept testing I'd get a positive again a week later and O a day or 2 after that. I was temping so I knew I hadn't O'd the first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine would always say positive around ovulation but when I got my bloods done i actually wasnt ovulating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1502 View Post
    Mine would always say positive around ovulation but when I got my bloods done i actually wasnt ovulating
    I was similar to Sarah - I would buy the kits and have like 8 days of "high" and then one of "peak" but wasn't always ovulating either. Once I started seeing Genea I found out my levels are naturally really high due to PCOS so I was getting all kinds of false positives - so beware that that is a possibility!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NYCinSYD For This Useful Post:

Teegyz  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I have PCOS too and use OPKS and long cycle

Hey all i would like opinions.
    I am almost 29 I have PCOS and was diagnosed at 15 spent on and off 15 years on BC have been off BC about 2 years. We have recently decided to try and conceive but i am having a long cycle currently CD 73. On CD 70 i got an am and pm "positive" opk (same darkness as control) i have been using opks since CD 40 as thats when i got them. (i buy in bulk). I also on cd70 started taking FertilAid. I am also temping and my chart doesn't look like i O'd. I feel like AF may be coming have for like the last week and i know you can have an LH surge before AF so if this is the case i wish she would hurry up so I can start a new cycle. What is everyones opions? Can provide opk pics, chart pics, and older hormone blood results. Going to see GP next week for more bloods. Thanks and Baby dust to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegyz View Post
    Hey all i would like opinions.
    I am almost 29 I have PCOS and was diagnosed at 15 spent on and off 15 years on BC have been off BC about 2 years. We have recently decided to try and conceive but i am having a long cycle currently CD 73. On CD 70 i got an am and pm "positive" opk (same darkness as control) i have been using opks since CD 40 as thats when i got them. (i buy in bulk). I also on cd70 started taking FertilAid. I am also temping and my chart doesn't look like i O'd. I feel like AF may be coming have for like the last week and i know you can have an LH surge before AF so if this is the case i wish she would hurry up so I can start a new cycle. What is everyones opions? Can provide opk pics, chart pics, and older hormone blood results. Going to see GP next week for more bloods. Thanks and Baby dust to all xx
    Tempting correctly and bloods will be the only way to see if you are ovulating. If your cycle is that long, you probably haven't ovulated. How long have you been charting? Are your cycles usually long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its only in the last month that we have decided its time to ttc so i haven't been tracking bbt or opk longer than 2 weeks well maybe a little more. So we are just at the very start of our journey. I was getting af every 50ish days but this time has extended.. I have felt like af is coming for about a week. Tryibg to use vitamin C to being her on but seem to be getting no where. So for now just gonna stick to my ketogenic diet and fertilaid, walking my dog and going the park to shoot hoops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I didn't find vit c helped bring AF.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default vitamin C to bring on AF

I am finding Vitamin C is not helping me bring on AF either

Was trying to avoid weeks of feeling average, mood swings and cramping like AF is coming so thought I would try the Vitamin C secret.. worth a shot i guess.. today would be day 5 trying so think I am just going to have to wait and be patient.

I'll try enjoy this mornings breakfast instead unsweetened coconut milk with a little organic coconut sugar, chia seeds and a small amount of berries.