New job | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New job

Hi all, am new to this site and getting very excited. We have just decided to start TTC. I have been in my job for 2.5 months, I know I have to be here a year before I am eligible for mat leave, but I can find a HR policy which states if that means once that 12 months hits I can start the leave or if it is a year plus. Sorry, I haven't explain that well. If I was say 2 weeks shy of the 12 months would I be ineligible or would o be able to use annual leave to make up the gap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends on the company. Most probably wouldn't let you use annual leave to be honest. I know people who have been a few weeks shy and not got it. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you have to be past the 12mth mark to be entitled to maternity leave meaning you have a job to go back to.

As you've already been there for 2.5mths technically youre still in the trial period in most jobs maybe put off the TTC for a month or so to be sure in case you fall straight away. Will leave some options open for you at least

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I think waiting another month is the smart thing to do. Will be hard to wait now decision has been made but don't want to jeopardize us financially. Am sure it will take awhile to conceive but who knows!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Waiting is hard once youve made such an exciting decision but it is def the smartest way to give yourself options.
    Hope the month flies by for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd wait at least a couple of months. Most people head off on maternity leave around 36 weeks, so you don't want to be cutting it so fine that you have to work until 39 weeks.