+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frozen embryo transfer disaster

So yesteterday I had a FET with a new clinic and I was told to take pyrognova three times a day starting day 2 of my cycle. I went in for for the transfer and they popped in the most perfect embryo however once they had done that I found out I should have been taking the progesterone pesseries 2 times a day for 5 days prior. They didn't update my details so I had no idea about this until after the transfer. Dr said to go home and start ASAP however I feel like she is just saying that I'm in with a chance to cover her own bum. I have pocos so that means no ovulation = no progesterone in my system as far as I can tell. I am devastated by the fact that I have lost an embryo because a stupid clinic didn't update my details and didn't check what meds I was on!!!! I am ringing my old clinic to see about getting the last 2 embies transferred back to them it will mean that I am unable to afford another go but at least my embies will be safe

Any advice or something like that to help me feel better

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow what a stuff up on their behalf!! I truly hope it doesn't effect your chances of this one sticking, but if It does I'd be seeking some significant compensation!
    Really a sh1ty mistake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is really unfortunate. I would perhaps make a complaint to the fertility clinic, especially if the lack of progesterone will mean a failed cycle (you'd have to prove this though). If you can prove that it would mean a failed cycle then I'd be asking for a refund of this cycle. It doesn't help the poor embryo that's been transferred, but it will help financially.

Before you do complain though, I would go through every piece of paper that they've given you regarding this frozen cycle with a fine tooth comb. It may be that they've given you something that says to start the progesterone on x day but they didn't explicitly tell you verbally. If this is the case, then it's not their fault as they have provided you with the information.

Fingers crossed the lack of progesterone prior to transfer doesn't impact the success of your embryo.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (26-07-2016),Wise Enough  (26-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What M'ladyEm said. If it fails I would push for a free cycle. Hopefully it still works though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow what a big stuff up. I had a bad experience aswell and we where able to get compensation it took quite while though but the clinic admitted fault. Well it wasn't the clinics fault it was the fs.

But what M'LadyEm has said is exactly what you need to do. It sucks but you need to be prepared and know every detail backwards.

Hope it all works out for you and it sorted out quickly. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the responses I have now just realised that the clinic never gave me the referral to get my Beta done !! Omg they are hopeless. We'll have organised my embryos transport back to our original clinic. I am just praying that my embie sticks even with out the progesterone being started till after the transfer. As I have pocos I don't think I would have had much in my system as I don't ovulate