+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's just a struggle isn't it, babynomad.

Having my last baby really put a spanner in the works for us as a family in a way.
    My son started kindy when I got pregnant and by the end of the year I was heavily pregnant and too hot to want to bother with parties and festive get togethers.
    The following year then I was having a hard time adjusting to the new baby, a toddler and the school run all by myself.
    I just handled how I handle most hard times, I retreat and deal with it on my own terms.
    In hindsight that wasn't the best plan.
    I should have pursued some budding friendships for my son's sake even though I was hanging on by a thread that year.
    I remember thinking at one point when I didn't even want to do the pick up, hang on in there, it's ten minutes, smile and pretend you're coping for ten minutes then you don't have to talk to anyone else until tomorrow. And that's what I'd do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    Your not alone ladies. I've been here for 16 years . I do love Australia , my husband is Australian and of course my 3 kids are Australian . I've struggled the whole time . I've had many friends over the years , they all left or moved or I moved . I don't know if I have the energy anymore to keep starting over with people. We have recently moved so again it's up to me to put myself out there but I feel more and more like an alien . I went to a new kids group today and my kids where way too old . The parents didn't say hello , as usual it was me smiling and making small talk. Im Probably hugely annoying . I don't even know anymore . My family all live overseas and my husbands family is not close emotionally or distance wise . My kids have never had a slept over at either nanas.

I grew up with extended family around . When I was younger I had a big social circle and a really fun life. I laughed all the time . I don't laugh that much anymore . Im glad I found this thread , i was feeling really flat today. I know I will make friends again , right now I have no one . My husband is not social but can be if I organize things . So it's up to me . I'm just feeling too over it to try all over again .
    Sorry to hear your feeling the same girls xxxx
    Wah I just did a long reply and it disappeared and now I don't have time!!!! Not what I needed today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Ladies , I'm also a mum of 3 . Mum oldest has high functioning autism also and that hasn't helped with the isolation thing . Just dropped him off at school and yesterday he bit a kid . The mum told me. We have moved around to find the best possible school for my son and I really thought he was settling in . Today I feel like I am going to be lonely for life ! Arghh! Back on the horse . Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Phony  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    You're still pretty young DT, take a lesson from an oldie and get out there.
    Time just zips past so fast when kids come into the mix.
    It's zipping now with a 5 month old and two school age step kids lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (27-07-2016)