+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    @Janesmum123 I guess you'll find those ppl driving new cars don't own the cars ;-)

There's a lot of financing offers out there, have you looked that up?
    I try not to finance things, that's just buying things I can't afford

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I see what you mean... However even if I have the cash to buy outright I never do, it's can be cheaper to finance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see what you mean... However even if I have the cash to buy outright I never do, it's can be cheaper to finance
    I'm exactly the same with cars. I never buy brand new, normally ex demo or similar that have dropped enough in value and are still basically brand new. You can score great finance deals, lower than home loans, for certain vehicles from time to time. I saw an ad on TV recently advertising 2.5%, but I can't remember who it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So far in my life, I will only ever buy a car that I can afford to pay with cash. Cars depreciate sooo quickly. If I spend $40k on my house, in 5 years time, that 40k will be worth 50k. If I spend 40k on a car, in 5 years time that 40k will be worth 20k. (I am totally guessing with both of those numbers!) I'm happy with th $5k car I paid cash for, & keep my only debt my home loan. I think it's personal decision, I clearly dont highly value a flashy car - but if it is something you want &feel like it's really worth it,then go for it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Should I get a new car?

This is us - but we get car allowance for work as we need the cars for work and sometimes take clients out , we buy a new car every 3 years and it's just better tax wise to do a chattel mortgage and all car companies have extremely low rates ( I think my Audi is at 4% with free services and free road side service for 3 years so I literally have no other expenses apart from petrol , insurance and rego)
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 25-07-2016 at 19:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love cars and always buy new and am constantly daydreaming about which car I will buy when it's time to replace current car lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always go new and just keep them for ages.... Dh wants an expensive sports car what he's gunna do with the baby seat???? Anyway I ask him what colour I should get incase I decide to surprise him one day!!! Ha ha ha! Like that would happen.
    Have u looked at Toyotas? Thier 4wd that's the funny square look two tone with reverse back doors is awesome my bro has one and it drives real nice he got it new for 36k a few yrs back.... It's reasonable on feul

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    So far in my life, I will only ever buy a car that I can afford to pay with cash. Cars depreciate sooo quickly. If I spend $40k on my house, in 5 years time, that 40k will be worth 50k. If I spend 40k on a car, in 5 years time that 40k will be worth 20k. (I am totally guessing with both of those numbers!) I'm happy with th $5k car I paid cash for, & keep my only debt my home loan. I think it's personal decision, I clearly dont highly value a flashy car - but if it is something you want &feel like it's really worth it,then go for it
    Winning at life right there.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (25-07-2016),yadot  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Find a fleet company that provide cars for non profits, the companies often pay 5-15000 less for the vehicle and sell it back to the dealer for around what they buy it for. Often the cars are around 9 months old and have only done 15000kms and have been well maintained.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a Mazda CX-5 and I love it. Although it's now 5 years old and starting to fall apart a bit. Not sure if it's because of the way I drive it or because it's kind of reached the end of its useful life.. I've just spent $2000 on new parts and battery, and I've spent a fortune on tyres over the last few years. It's a great SUV, but the engine has always been a bit weak (especially uphill acceleration) because it's a 2ltr engine, which is small for SUV. I bought it new - I'm glad I did because if it's only good for 5 years, I wouldn't have wanted a 2nd hand one.

Thinking of going for a 2nd hand Audi Q5 next