+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Special Token for a Family Doctor

We met a doctor 17 years ago and we became a close to us over the years or let's say she is part of our family now. She has been so kind and generous to all our family members. She is even giving discounts and special attention to all our relatives and friends that we refer to her. So I think it's time to give a little token of appreciation for all her help and kindness. I am thinking about getting her an EHR software. Well to be honest, her clinic is still doing the manual thing. Every time we visit her for a consultation, her secretary or her nurse would always get, check and update our "201 file" which is now a bulky folder, lol. Imagine, it has been 17 years. haha. Anyway, I hope you could suggest a good software...just enough for a standard clinic. Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They may prefer to have the system in paper format (my DH uses software but others in his practice use paper). The ones they use are quite expensive and have to sync in with reception software & the doctors software and sometimes subscribe to prescription writing programs etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's sweet of you but isn't it expensive? I'm sure she'll love tour gift. Maybe you should check online and compare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No help on the software - but an enormous jar of jelly beans for the patients?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Implementing any good GP practice software would cost many many thousands of dollars and a lot of thought and planning is needed to implement something well. They might not even want to go that way, given the workload and ongoing maintenance effort and costs. I'd try to think of a different gift personally!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

pointless1  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably think that there is a reason they haven't gotten the software already. Surely a doctors surgery would have the money to update these things?!
    I think it's a lovely idea, but perhaps something more personal and not so expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't know that it would cost a lot to get an EHR software. I thought it costs the same us anti-virus software or an OS.

It's a good thing I took this question to this forum, I was actually browsing some EHR vendors online but haven't requested a quote yet, I'm not sure we could afford to get her one if it costs thousands of dollars.

I guess treating her to a trip somewhere is a great idea. We may even just settle for a dinner treat in her fave restaurant. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A voucher for dinner at a nice restaurant sounds like a great idea. If you want to make it special, enough for a nice bottle of wine or something too!
    The other thing with the software is they often require a yearly subscription, DH pays over a thousand a year for his. So a treat for a nice night out sounds like an easier plan! It's lovely of you to think of her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, definitely a dinner voucher! So much more enjoyable 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Florrie Bevis View Post
    Didn't know that it would cost a lot to get an EHR software. I thought it costs the same us anti-virus software or an OS.

It's a good thing I took this question to this forum, I was actually browsing some EHR vendors online but haven't requested a quote yet, I'm not sure we could afford to get her one if it costs thousands of dollars.

I guess treating her to a trip somewhere is a great idea. We may even just settle for a dinner treat in her fave restaurant. What do you guys think?
    Yes, go for a dinner or a trip. That sounds great.

I work in the medical software industry and I can tell you it would probably be cheaper to buy her a new car than good software. It needs to be tailored to the Australian market so you can pretty much rule out internationally developed products. She might need new computers/printers/scanners. Her staff would need training. There are yearly maintenance and support costs. It's really something she would need to choose for herself based on her practice's needs.