Calorie intake during pregnancy | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calorie intake during pregnancy

I actually lost weight at first but it wasn't unhealthy, I just gave up the wine (of course) that cut down my bad calorie intake significantly
    I eat well, my usual wholesome, balanced diet and I'm not afraid of the odd indulgence.
    At 24 weeks I weigh slightly less than I did before the pregnancy, it's all in the baby/belly now, the baby is getting what it needs without me going overboard or getting huge.
    Last edited by ebonflow; 25-07-2016 at 15:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm overweight and could eat what I wanted without gaining weight when pregnant. Omg it was amazing. But unfortunately I continued eating that way after the baby was born .

So just know when you hear people brag about not gaining weight it's not because they're awesome it's because they're lucky

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-07-2016),kim85  (26-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post

So just know when you hear people brag about not gaining weight it's not because they're awesome it's because they're lucky
    This is so damn true 😏

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

kim85  (26-07-2016),Wise Enough  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renbird View Post
    I didn't count calories at all during my pregnancy. I ate like a hungover teenager going through puberty and only gained 10kg! I couldn't have restricted calories if I tried...I would have gone mad. My body told me what it needed and I obliged.

Are you just curious so that you eat the required minimum or are you trying to stay under 1800?
    I wish I could eat like that and only gain 10kg!! My last 2 pregnancies I gained 20kg and 30kg respectively (my 2nd pregnancy, I started off 10kg lighter than my first). I know I can lose the weight after baby comes but I just hate feeling so disgustingly unhealthy.

I want a goal to work toward. Quantifiable goals are something I can stick to. Just having a "eat healthy" philosophy isn't working at all for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (26-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies everyone! I'm going to start keeping a food diary for a few weeks and hopefully that will be enough for now to keep track of what I'm consuming and keep me accountable.

I don't intend to starve myself, I just want to be more aware of my consumptopn

9. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (26-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Internet says increase by 300 calories per day in the first trimester, and then up to 500 per day by the third.

Make sure if you're hungry, you eat though!
    I recall my first obstetrician telling me the amount was actually pretty small when worked out in food. I can't remember exactly but an extra sandwich and more veggies and protein at dinner and that was about it.

I recall being bummed as I wanted to eat more!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just ate whatever I wanted, as frequently or infrequently as I felt. I like to let my body guide me. my ds was a cracking 3.82kg at birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember you're not really eating for 2 you're eating for 1.01
    And quality over quantity is the key also.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ebonflow For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (26-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I wish I could eat like that and only gain 10kg!! My last 2 pregnancies I gained 20kg and 30kg respectively (my 2nd pregnancy, I started off 10kg lighter than my first). I know I can lose the weight after baby comes but I just hate feeling so disgustingly unhealthy.

I want a goal to work toward. Quantifiable goals are something I can stick to. Just having a "eat healthy" philosophy isn't working at all for me.
    I always gain around 10kg in the first trimester dur to morning sickness. Lots of pasta and potato and keeping heavy foods in my stomach so I dont throw up! At the end of the 1st tri, I feel soooo bleugh. Carrying an extra 10kg of fat - lets face it, very little of that is 'baby' at that stage! I usually follow healthy eating thereafter, & my body lives off of the fat I gain in the first tri In my last 2 pregnancies, I dont gain any extra weight in the 2nd & third tri. I know how you feel not wanting to gain too much!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm gaining fast in first Tri. I feel gross and fat. Already gained 4kg. I just can't not eat heaps it's what my body is asking for. I know I will lose the weight after but I know how u feel wanting to control it now!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post: