Does your partner/ spouse ever compliment you | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4me View Post
    Mine is exactly the same except he wouldn't say something nice to get me to stop he would just sit there watching tv or playing on his phone ignoring me.

That must be really tough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DP tells me I look nice sometimes. I compliment him a lot more because that's just how I am. He does a lot of things for me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He always tells me I look good when I'm dressed up to go out, or if I've had my hair done or something. Those are his cues
    Otherwise he's not that forthcoming with compliments, but if it's been a while and I comment on it, he says that he doesn't know how to say it so he tries to show me with his actions. Which of course is valid, but sometimes you need your partner to actually SAY something to make you feel good about yourself.
    Sorry you're feeling lonely OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my DH says nice things to me often. He'll say something like you're a good looking woman L, you're doing a great job with the baby, that was a lovely dinner, I'm so proud of you etc. and it's always heartfelt and genuine.
    I think that if you're feeling down and he knows it and he's not helping to pick you up then that's indicative that things aren't working great? And no I also don't think turning everything back on you in an argument is right either. There's 2 parties in each relationship so things are rarely the sole responsibility of 1 person. Sorry hon.
    Have you had a D&M with him about this and how deeply you're affected and that you need a bit more in your bucket at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, mine compliments me quite regularly, and vice versa.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My ex used to always compliment me and he still continues to do so.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yes he does, but he will also use it against me when he is angry or when I'm angry. So I find his compliments quite empty/superficial these days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    mine does. mostly I think he's just blowing smoke but underneath I know he means it. he's a very kind appreciative guy. I'm very lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes mine does compliment me. Not every second of the day but he says nice things about me daily, to me and to the kids, and I do the same to him.

If it's really getting you down, can you talk to him about it? Maybe you could compliment him too, and he might catch on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH compliments me a lot, esp when I'm not dressed up which is sweet. These are genuine feelings for him but he also knows it means a lot to me. I don't compliment him as much as he does me.

We both read the '5 Love Languages' - saved/improved our marriage hugely!!! Explains how people like to receive love in different ways. Either through:
    - acts of service
    - gifts
    - words of affirmation
    - physical touch
    - quality time

Most people have approx 2 that mean a lot to them. Anyway, long story short, my hubby and I are opposites in how we communicate love so the book helped us realize how to make our partner feel loved. It REALLY helped!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (23-07-2016),Redcorset  (23-07-2016)