+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default AF or ovulation spotting?

I had a d&c 5 weeks ago after a mmc when baby boy died at 9.5 weeks. I had minimal bleeding/spotting after the procedure and at cd15 I got a positive opk with what I thought was o pains. Following this I had lots of little aches and pains then got another positive opk at cd20. My hpt's were still positive at this time and went negative at cd24. On cd28 I started with very light pink spotting followed by a few days of very light bleeding/spotting (on and off). I thought this was AF but just very very light but when I saw my ob yesterday for my follow up appointment he said it didn't sound like AF and it could be my body gearing up to ovulate (apparently most women ovulate at around 4 weeks after d&c then AF 2 weeks later).

Did anyone else have this? The spotting seems to be mixed in with clear cm most of the time so maybe it might be o but I've just never had anything like this before. I'm also then wondering how I got 2 positive opk's earlier in my cycle?

I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvette View Post
    I had a d&c 5 weeks ago after a mmc when baby boy died at 9.5 weeks. I had minimal bleeding/spotting after the procedure and at cd15 I got a positive opk with what I thought was o pains. Following this I had lots of little aches and pains then got another positive opk at cd20. My hpt's were still positive at this time and went negative at cd24. On cd28 I started with very light pink spotting followed by a few days of very light bleeding/spotting (on and off). I thought this was AF but just very very light but when I saw my ob yesterday for my follow up appointment he said it didn't sound like AF and it could be my body gearing up to ovulate (apparently most women ovulate at around 4 weeks after d&c then AF 2 weeks later).

Did anyone else have this? The spotting seems to be mixed in with clear cm most of the time so maybe it might be o but I've just never had anything like this before. I'm also then wondering how I got 2 positive opk's earlier in my cycle?

I'd love to hear your experiences.
    I don't know when I ovulated after my D&C, but my HPTs were negative a week after, and AF arrived 29 days after my D&C.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems that the unusual bleeding was definitely AF as I have returned to "normal" again and am ovulating now. Fingers crossed for some success this time.