+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Here's to the weekend.

What is everyone up to over the weekend?

Tonight is just a quiet night although I have a big, expensive surprise for the kids which I'm feeling a bit excited about. Also a bit foolish for spending so much money but if I can't spoil my kids terribly, what can I do?!

We have swimming lessons in the morning then we are off Pokemon hunting! I can't wait to get some fresh air with the kids. I think I'll instigate half a hour minimum play time at each park we stop at so we aren't just playing on the phone.

We might make a cake in the afternoon or some biccies maybe. Then will see what kids movie is on TV and another early night hopefully.

Sunday, I think we are having a family lunch. I'll also get the uniforms ironed for the week and the floors clean. I also have to find out birth certificates which have vanished. They are all together in a display folder but I've searched high and low and can't find them.

That's our weekend hopefully :-)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-07-2016),gingermillie  (22-07-2016),HillDweller  (22-07-2016),littleriv  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    IMO kids are only spoiled it they don't appreciate what they have! So as long as that's working I'm a firm believer in 'spoiling kids' 😄 so what did you get them? If you care to share.

Looks like we are in for a pretty miserable weekend here weather wise. Haven't seen the sun today and forecast is for single digit maximums the week ahead.

Our plan is to go to farmers market tomorrow early. Then the ******* baby & kids market (last one before DS3 is born). After that we will be finishing baby prep jobs around the house.

Sunday DH will take DS2 to swimming lessons in the morning, then afternoon tea at a friend of dh's. DS2 and I will make some jam drops to take over - their DS2's favourite and so easy for him help make.

Hopefully fit some poke stops in as well. I just found a really cool trick to control the evolution of Eevee (rather than it being random). So now I have a flareon 😄 will have to build up the candy so I can evolve for the other two types - hmm should share my tip in the Pokemon go chat thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quiet weekend here and I think it's supposed to be bad weather all weekend. Tonight we are having platters for dinner, yum! Depending on what time we get the kids to sleep I might go watch Star Trek.

Saturday DH is working. DD has dancing tomorrow morning. Once DH is home I will either go for a walk if its fine or to the gym.

Sunday is swimming lessons for both kids and then I want to head to old Parliament House or Questacon. Then quiet afternoon. If its fine we'll walk down to the shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooh, what did you get them?

Other than a birthday party for a friend's child, we have no plans.

I'm hoping this lovely weather stays around, so we can go for a bike ride to the park. Otherwise, I might take a bit of inspiration from you and do some baking with the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I just found a really cool trick to control the evolution of Eevee (rather than it being random). So now I have a flareon ������ will have to build up the candy so I can evolve for the other two types - hmm should share my tip in the Pokemon go chat thread!
    OMG. Please, share the tip with meeeee!

We are going to catch up with my cousin in the morning for her daughters birthday - I'm super excited because my cousin is my best friend and she just moved 3 hours away a few weeks ago. I am missing her way too much!
    Then, DH and I will be going to Kings Park in Perth for lunch and Pokemon hunting!

Sunday DH and my dad will put the last coat of paint on for our nursery! And I will stand around supervising hehe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller I just posted it in the Pokemon go chat thread 😄
    @smallpotatoes it's definitely a weekend for indoors (I think we might be a little nuts heading to EPIC tomorrow) - thank goodness for places like Questacon or DS2 would go nuts down here in winter!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @HillDweller I just posted it in the Pokemon go chat thread ������
    @smallpotatoes it's definitely a weekend for indoors (I think we might be a little nuts heading to EPIC tomorrow) - thank goodness for places like Questacon or DS2 would go nuts down here in winter!
    @binnielici I've just found it! Thankyou I've just called DH at work and interrupted him to pass on this glorious piece of information too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    @binnielici I've just found it! Thankyou I've just called DH at work and interrupted him to pass on this glorious piece of information too
    Lol. DH is on his way home and when he called I told him I had found it 😊

12. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller I just posted it in the Pokemon go chat thread 😄
    It's so cruel after we had the hint of spring last weekend! Good luck at EPIC! Each weekend I mean to go but its the opposite end of town for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here's to the weekend.

Taking kids out to Japanese tonight. It was a success last few times, so hoping they behave themselves tonight.

Tomorrow morning is soccer for DS1 and then gymnastics for both boys (DS2 starting for the first time). DH is playing soccer in the late afternoon, and then we're having friends over for dinner. I haven't hosted a dinner thing for months!

Sunday MIL is coming over in the morning and then afternoon we have DH's best friend, plus wife, plus 2 sisters, plus their mother & aunt coming over (they're visiting from Brazil for one of the sisters's weddings). It's going to be a big lunch but they're bringing most of the food

Pretty busy weekend I guess