+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 week scan measuring 5 weeks. Sure of dates

Just had my six week scan today, gestational sac measures only 5 weeks and only a yolk sac present, no fetal pole or heartbeat. Anyone else had this and things been fine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This was me in November last yay. I'm currently nursing a little DS that was born at 37wks.

I went in at 5 wks my OB couldn't find a heartbeat. Went back a week later they found the heartbeat. Our dares where fine but we conceived off a failed round of IVF.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Babydaze8  (22-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me with this bub (currently 26weeks) despite knowing my dates and thinking I was 6 weeks+ only yolk sac (beginnings of fetal pole) and no heartbeat. Went back two weeks later to heart beat. They said scan can be + or - a week with dates. According to first scan I must of found out I was pregnant a 3 weeks (not possible). At 12 week and 20 scan I was told I was a week ahead of the dates of the original scan but hospital goes by first scan.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sproutx3 For This Useful Post:

Babydaze8  (22-07-2016),CcegG  (23-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I also have slow rising betas, but they are definitely still rising just never been doubling in 72 hours let alone 48 ( more of around 90 on average). Remaining hopeful because despite this o have no bleeding or anything and the ultrasound showed it must be still growing (slow rising beta right from start)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In order to be sure to see a heartbeat you really need to wait until 7+ weeks. I had a 6 week scan due to anxiety from a previous loss and my OB said we weren't to freak out if there was no heartbeat, that he'd be happy to see a fetal pole and sac and we'd look for a heartbeat the following week.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds too early for a heartbeat so try not to be discouraged. I also has slow rising numbers and everything turned out fine.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks
    Little dove, at 5+4 weeks my hcg was only 515 and doubling every 90 hours. Gp is going to do another blood test on Monday before deciding if I need to go to OB, I think she was surprised there was something happening in there! I know scans can measure behind at this early stage given the measurements need to be so accurate, it just reminds me of when I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks, so scared of that happening again! Wish I knew what my betas were like with that one but all I know is there was no heartbeat at my first scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id say it's a little too early for the scan. Go back at 8 weeks I had min at 7 weeks & Bub measured 5+6. At the nt scan Bub was exactly on dates @ 13 weeks. Bub is now happy healthy 6 month old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, happened to me. I thought I was 6.5 weeks but must have only been 4.5wks.. Went back in two weeks and saw a beautiful heartbeat & my DD is now 4.5yrs old. I was so sure in those two weeks that I was having a blighted ovum etc, couldn't believe it when I say the heartbeat at 6.5-7wks when I went back in

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

CcegG  (23-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No hb reliably b4 7w so if u get repeated in a week if there's no hb but it's bigger then repeat again if not bigger then start worrying then.... I know easy to say but people's dates are often 'off'