+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pinching OUCH!

My 9 month old pinches continuously and it's starting to really grate on me. He grabs a handful of arm, chest, leg -basically any skin- and pinches. He pinches my chest and boob when he breast feeds so badly I have little green & blue bruises all over my chest and boob from him! I make sure I am wearing breastfeeding necklaces all the time (I seriously have bought about a dozen in every colour & pattern to find 'the one' lol). I've taken to wearing a zip up hoodie that zips up really high to try and stop some of the pinching, I'm so bloody sick of it

Any ideas how to stop this behaviour?

He he is a really grabby baby, puts everything and anything in his mouth, grabs handfuls of the couch to pull himself up and is always grabbing at something!! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pinching/biting gets 'punished' at my house. They get put on the floor after I say/scream 'ouch' loudly. They have to wait 30seconds or so until I've composed myself and then we try again.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Perhaps you can give him a toy or some Thing that he is allowed to pinch, but nothing else. At 9 months, he should be able to learn that pinching is not acceptable behaviour. Ok, for grabbing furniture to pull himself up , that is normal. but for you to have to be wearing a pair of overalls to protect yourself, that is not good. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My almost 8mo is a bit the same. I pull her hand away and say 'no' or 'gentle' and use her hand to gently pat me instead. But she's often wearing a bonds wonder suit in the cold weather at the moment so if it gets a bit much for me I use the fold over cuff to put her hands away so those pinchy little fingers can't get at me for a little while.