+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First pregnancy at 40, a few questions

Hi all, I never planned having kids but I guess I need to get used to the idea now ! Very happy and excited about our little accident , it happened way too easy, and after reading about many women my age having fertility treatments I am counting my blessings . I am just a little over 4 weeks and feel like my body is not mine anymore . Insomnia at night , so sleepy during the day , emotional, bloated, aching, appetite is all over the place, breasts are ridiculously sore, some nausea. I started having symptoms already 2 weeks in , I guess that's a good sign ? No spotting, very little cramping. Does anyone take pain relief for their breasts or back ? Or should I just suck it up... Haha. I have a concern about my age etc but doctor says my health is excellent so not to worry too much. I have a trip planned to hawaii when I am 9 weeks, I read something about high altitudes make your uterus contract and could be dangerous in the first trimester ? Any advice or reassurance for this beginner would be greatly appreciated ! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to motherhood!! It starts right from the beginning. I've never taken pain relief for back or boobs. Don't know about flying, sorry. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boobs have never bothered me, but I sucked up the back pain. It will usually pass after a few weeks. I have taken Panadol for killer headaches throughout.

With regard to flying, make sure you wear compression stockings on the flights. Pregnancy puts you at a higher risk for DVT. You can buy them at most chemists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Op, I've re-read my comment from this morning and thought it sounded a bit nasty! I hope not, that wasn't my intention. I was just thinking of the 'my body it not my own' - I think that is how it feels for ages :-) But it's wonderful - and I meant a positive 'welcome to motherhood'. It's amazing how from the very go get this tiny little person takes over. It is beautiful - even with all the little niggles. I have 4 and trying for no. 5 Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, I am 39 and just found out I am pregnant with no 3 my oldest is 15 still in a bit of shock. Have a lot of symptoms as well.