+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When are you telling your kids you're pregnant?

I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant after 9 months of trying πŸ˜ƒ We have a 3 year old, if this pregnancy is successful, she'll be about 4 years, 2 months when the baby is born. Out of anyone, this baby will have the biggest impact on her, so I think she should be told first. The clincher is, 36-ish weeks is a looooong time for her to wait, and I'd like to tell our immediate families sooner rather than later.

So when did you tell your kids, and did you tell others before you told your kids?

ETA I'm telling a lie - my personal trainer was the first person I told but she doesn't count because I had to tell her for safety reasons lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!! We officially told her after 12 weeks so if she blabbed she wouldnt be telling people that I didnt want to know. She was a similar age

Eta - I told quite a few friends before I told DD. About 5 I think.

Edited again - do you want to know whats freaky? DD wrote on her Valentine's Day thing at daycare 'i love my mummy, my daddy and my baby'. DS would have been conceived by then but I only found a few days later. So maybe she did know first
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 21-07-2016 at 19:51.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We told my ds after the 12 week scan. He was 5.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And congrats!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats. We told DS when I was 20wks along we took them to the scan and showed them that way. Over the moon with joy on their face. DS is 9 and we had been trying for 4 yrs naturally and IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We waited until 12 weeks each time & told the kids then. My reasons were that if something were to happen & the pregnancy didnt continue, I didnt want to then have to explain that to my young children. I also knew they were too young to keep a secret, so I only told them when I was ready for the secret to be out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told our DD (2 at the time) before we told other family (about 8 weeks I think). It's a long time, but she was fine and never impatient. We'd talk about how bub was growing, things he could do as he got older etc. No regrets at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats😊
    Dd was only 18mths when we fell pregnant with ds but waited until after 12wks to tell her. A history of mmc meant we wanted to wait & we didn't want her to innocently mention it.

I'm pretty sure we would have told her first as she 'made' cards for the grandparents & my brother to announce.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was 4.5 when his sister was born and he was the first to know. We told him at approx 13/14 weeks?

with number 3, our older two were among the first to know. We told them at about 15/16 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! We told our kids after 12 weeks. For the same reason as family - if we had a loss, how would they handle it? I was worried about my little ones needing to process that if it were to happen.