+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried but I really sucked at getting them in and out and never had the time to practice with a bub around.
    I stuck with my glasses and going to look into eye surgery so i can get rid of my glasses. A friend went to the Sunshine Coast to have hers done and loves it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Do you mind telling me where did you have eye surgery? I'm seriously thinking about this. My nearest city is Melbourne, also wondering the cost and how scary the procedure is?!
    Sure i had it at Laser Sight in Brisbane, I wasn't eligible for just laser as my corneas were too thin so i had a complete lens replacement. Very easy op but not cheap. $11 000 for both eyes, you get nothing back as its considered cosmetic.. Dunno how much it is now as i had mine done 2 years ago. I have better than 20/20 vision, it's 16/20. Definitely happy as Larry i got it done.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-07-2016),yadot  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    I do. After much trial and error I've settled on the daily disposables (acuvue). I still prefer to wear glasses day to day but I like contacts for swimming, beach, holidays, special occasions etc.
    The daily ones are about $60 for 3 months, I buy online from spec savers & they often have sales.
    This is exactly what I do too. I used to wear contacts daily (didn't even own glasses for a few years!) but over time I've found I prefer my glasses for day to day stuff, just easier. Would love to get laser eye surgery done at some point though. I wish it wasn't classed as cosmetic...clearly whoever made that decision doesn't know what a PITA it is to live with crap vision!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    He finds his eyes get dry so likes to give the contacts a rest for a few days and wears the glasses. If where home he normally has his glasses on so not to waste the contacts.

http://www.quicklens.com.au/index/in...FYGVvAodmakNTg

This is the website he uses its in Singapore. He ordered on 7/7 and it arrived at home on 18/7. So the turn around is pretty fast.

If you know you magnification in the contacts order a pack and see how you go. A few of his friends use this site also and no one has any issues at all. Delivery cost is a flat rate of 9.95 it doesn't matter how much you order. He ordered one lot to see how he went and they where fine (acuvue moist) then does a bulk order when hi supply gets low.
    I use this website too as I've found them to be the cheapest.

Also use daily disposables most of the time. I still wear glasses occasionally if my eyes are a bit sore (eg after accidentally sleeping in the daily disposables).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd still suggest seeing the optometrist first to get the right ones, then order online after that, that's what I do. It depends on your exact vision problem which ones suit, and my glasses script is different to my contacts script. The first ones I tried (that my friend loved) didn't feel comfortable to me so I was glad I didn't have a big pack of them!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    I'd still suggest seeing the optometrist first to get the right ones, then order online after that, that's what I do. It depends on your exact vision problem which ones suit, and my glasses script is different to my contacts script. The first ones I tried (that my friend loved) didn't feel comfortable to me so I was glad I didn't have a big pack of them!
    Yes absolutely second this! You can generally go and get a free fitting appointment with free trial lenses at the optometrist. I would 100% do this before ordering any online if you've never used them before.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post: