+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help me choose between a woven wrap and a ring sling!

I have a couple of woven wraps already but looking to improve my baby wearing stash.

I have an ergo which I don't use, and I've just ordered a fidella mei tai.

I'm wondering if it's worth getting a ring sling for easy trips getting milk, bread etc, but wondering if it's even worth it considering I will have a mei tai.. So if I don't get a ring sling I'll just get another woven wrap! (wanted to get a lina in magicland)

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a ring sling and a woven wrap for DD before she was born. I used the RS all the time until she was about 3 months (she's 5 months now). I now use the woven much more but still love the RS for quickly running into the shops or taking her out for breakfast. She just sits in there and it's easy to get her in and out. Go for both. I couldn't pick if I had to just have one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the info! You're right it might be best getting a ring sling instead of another wrap.. Maybe I'll get one of each lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to have a ring sling just in the front seat of the car for school drop offs, ducking into the shops etc when I didn't want to wrap or get DD on my back in the carrier. They're definitely worth it! I think I got a little frog for about $60?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my fly tai! It's my favourite out of all my carriers. Bit fiddly at first but you get quicker at it, although if you've been using wovens already you probably won't have an issue. I have a RS too and can't stand it, DD is too heavy for me to wear all her weight on one shoulder (she's 9 months and around 10kg). Don't know how people wear toddlers in them! I think it probably really depends on how heavy your bub is though, for small babies it would be fine.

Otherwise maybe a different ssc for quick ups? You could always get a flip - then you can still get a pretty kokadi love my lillebaby too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a woven a few years ago but didn't get the hang of it so chopped it and made 2 ring slings. Used the ringsling loads in the early days and now it's good for around the house, quick shop trips etc. But for longer walks I use a woven as I find the one sided carry a bit uncomfortable for long periods.
    Ps you could always buy a woven and convert it. I sold one of my Owen in wunderland ringslings for half of what I paid for the wrap (and that was much less than it was worth but I didn't want to be greedy!). I paid $18 to get the ring sling made by a local seamstress and they did a great job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely a RS! I used mine almost daily for 2 years (as well as using wraps for longer periods of carrying or back carrying). It's DS's favourite carrier now (it's the only one he brings me to use!) but I can only have him up for 10-15 minutes now that he's around 13kg. But we got a ridiculous amount of use out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I am still so torn!