+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else having trouble with appetite loss and food aversions?

Basically ever since I found out I was pregnant I've almost completely lost my appetite. I have also had terrible food aversions to almost everything and eating something almost feels like a chore. My morning sickness isn't so bad and I have only vomited once or twice from taking my prenatal on a completely empty stomach but most of the time when I eat I'll start gagging and can barely get it down no matter what it is. It's so hard to eat healthy while pregnant when everything turns your stomach!!! My boyfriend even says I used to be able to sit down and eat more than him and now I've lost 10 pounds since being pregnant. I just hit 12 weeks yesterday. Did anyone else have this problem? What did you do about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I'm the opposite. I am eating twice as much. And carbs.
    I know a lot of people can't eat due to morning sickness. Try making fruit smoothies like orange juice and blend up some frozen berries.. Things like that to make sure you are getting some goodness in you.
    But speak with your ob. If u can't eat at all that may not be good.. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had issues when pregnant with DD. It was a textural thing for me - mushy foods made me feel sick. I'd manage about 3 mouthfuls of anything soft. Casseroles, mashed spud, cooked veg - anything soft was a no go. Luckily the majority of the pregnancy was over summer and I was fine with crunchy salads, so ate salad pretty much the whole time and forced myself to eat meat. Which DH had to cook as the smell made me want to hurl.

I lost a bit of weight over the first 16 weeks - I think it was something like 8-10kgs from not eating much and I think I only gained 3-4kg back the whole pregnancy (was over 4 years ago!), but I'm on the large side, so dr wasn't too worried. I had smoothies like PP suggested, salads and hard fruit as I could handle that. Things settled and went back to normal after she was born luckily as it was hard being so restricted and feeling so blah over food. Eating out was a nightmare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated eating for the first 17 weeks of pregnancy, I had no appetite and the thought of everything made me sick, I even cried about it, I found 1 thing and lived off it and that was roast potatoes, to get a bit more nutrition I did smoothies so I could chug it down without having to chew and swallow, if your nauseous put some ginger in, it really does help. Banana smoothies were good for me. I lost about 6kgs in the first trimester and then when I wasn't sick I was getting some serious heart burn, with everything even water. So I lived on gaviscon also lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally, I went from between 6-8 serves vegetables a day to like, 1. On a good day. For some reason I found vegies, salads, vegie soups just impossible to stomach. Meat, carbs, grains, dairy, even potatoes - no problem. So I just survived on those (and my prenatal) and by about 16-17 weeks, appetite totally returned. Good luck x - It'll pass!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thank you all for your replies! Hopefully mine passes soon as I feel so guilty for not eating enough Does anyone know if the morning sickness pill (diclectin in Canada, not sure what it's called anywhere else) will help with these aversions? I have a prescription but haven't gotten it filled yet because I don't have much morning sickness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is that like restavit or diclegis? If so then it's class A and fine to take. I take it as soon as I feel sick because I only go down hill from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ☹️it's killing me
    I feel ur pain

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else having trouble with appetite loss and food aversions?

Bacon It smells (and tastes) like metal, is the best way to describe it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this thread has been quiet for a few days now but just saw and wanted to add -
    I was nauseous with no vomiting other than 2 times total for the first couple of months with zero appetite and the thought of ALL food disgusted me. I got Diclectin from the doctor to help with the all day nausea and I noticed as soon as I started taking it, about 2 days later my appetite was coming back. Not long after that I was eating more and feeling better. Thankfully the nausea stopped at about the 3 month mark with a couple of pills left in the bottle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mgtwbaby For This Useful Post:

kim85  (09-08-2016)