+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need help with present

I have my twin nephews christening on Sunday. I'm stuck on what to buy them

HELP!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm assuming you're not the god parent? If you're not then normally money in a card or some type of keepsake is appropriate (photo album, rosary beads, or a small token jewelry item each)

If you are the god parent then a necklace with a charm/cross or engraved bracelet plus anything extra is the norm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you go into a Christian bookshop they normally have a section with gifts and there is lots of stuff there that is specifically for christenings etc, I bought something for a friends daughter getting baptized bit that long ago. Maybe a pewter money box engraved or something along those lines? Good luck!
    Www.word.com.au
    Www.koorong.com

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I think a children's bible, or a children's bible story, would be the best idea. I have so many trinket gifts for my children, some of them were quite expensive, and they have never been used and barely even seen the light of day. I look at them now and think what a waste of money. books or even some clothes, at least they will be used and not just put away. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Max Lucado is the author of a beautiful range of books for young children. They are told from the perspective of bugs and tiny animals (Hermie and Friends) and each story has a moral and slight references to God. Perfect for a Christian family and kids love them!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

One of my girls received a wooden "Noah's ark", set as a baptism gift. It was honestly one of the best gifts they've ever received, it's six years old now and is still played with all the time. They LOVE it.

There were also a lot of pewter money boxes, first curl, first tooth boxes, that kind of thing, they are honestly just collecting dust and being annoying!

The Noah's ark is religious, colorful and wooden, it really is a great baptism gift.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1469071043.248650.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1469071054.464712.jpg

Something like these..
    Last edited by preggasaurus; 21-07-2016 at 13:17.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (21-07-2016),Carpe diem 2013  (21-07-2016),Yogis Mumma  (21-07-2016)