+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Rreg View Post
    Hi ladies. ...

Been reading through this thread trying to get some ideas or thoughts on my own situation. ..

Other advice is very welcome. .

X and I have separated. . 9 months now. .. things are pretty amicable. .. He Doesn't pay me child support directly however he does pay for their school fees,  brought turk school shoes socks, bag at the beginning of the year,  pays for their sports etc so he's been pretty good from what I've heard. . It's mostly 50/50 although some weeks is 70/30 with the 70 being on my side. . Anyways the real question is. .. he's asked to buy me out of the home. . "He currently lives there. . I moved out. .  He's had the house valuated by a proper company. . As is the house is valued between $430-$470 ... X has offered me $25,000 I've been delaying  getting advice as I was really thinking that this was a good offer. .. However now that I really think about that's Shhh! !! T offer,   I told me I'm wanting to see legal aid. . He gets stern with me saying that they will tell me I can get xyz. .. I'm not after his super,  nor his rental unit just a fair share of the house.   Should I ask him for $50, and  see if he accepts the offer I've pulled from the air or wait for my appoint with legal aid which isn't till next month ?????
    Id not accept any offer or pull a figure from thin air either.
    Get the proper legal advice and ensure you get a fair share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Rreg View Post
    Hi ladies. ...

Been reading through this thread trying to get some ideas or thoughts on my own situation. ..

Other advice is very welcome. .

X and I have separated. . 9 months now. .. things are pretty amicable. .. He Doesn't pay me child support directly however he does pay for their school fees,  brought turk school shoes socks, bag at the beginning of the year,  pays for their sports etc so he's been pretty good from what I've heard. . It's mostly 50/50 although some weeks is 70/30 with the 70 being on my side. . Anyways the real question is. .. he's asked to buy me out of the home. . "He currently lives there. . I moved out. .  He's had the house valuated by a proper company. . As is the house is valued between $430-$470 ... X has offered me $25,000 I've been delaying  getting advice as I was really thinking that this was a good offer. .. However now that I really think about that's Shhh! !! T offer,   I told me I'm wanting to see legal aid. . He gets stern with me saying that they will tell me I can get xyz. .. I'm not after his super,  nor his rental unit just a fair share of the house.   Should I ask him for $50, and  see if he accepts the offer I've pulled from the air or wait for my appoint with legal aid which isn't till next month ?????
    No, don't ask him for $50,000. As far as I'm aware you should at least get half to 75%. Do not accept any offer until you have had legal advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All assets need to be put forward like I've said in an earlier comment a couple months back including your XH unit. $25k is a joke it goes on equity not what he thinks is ok. Let's say your assets where the same as what mine where but you where buying the property. It had $200k in equity $100k super for him $40k for me. We set aside cars and furniture as he had a company car and I handed mine back and my dad bought me a small car. Our split was 60/40 I thought I was 70/30 but had a look. He got $50k from me which was $5k above what was drawn up by my lawyer.

As for his property person saying the house isn't a varied range that is crap it has to be a set valuation and a legally binding one would be best if you go to court.

You need to lawyer up and not even tell him at all. He's not entitled to know what goes on in your life apart from the kids.

As for child support I'd be going online and seeing if he really is paying the correct amount with what he earns. There's an online estimator on the Centrelink website

He sounds like a dodgy X trying to pull a swifty on you financially

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. ..

Thanks for your advice. .. he's just pushing me more lately as to if I've made a decision. . He's tenants have vacated the unit which I guess isn't my problem. . And now the fact that he's paying the house mortgage and unit mortgage on his own. ..

I don't want to be greedy just something to set me up as I don't think I'll ever afford to buy on my own. 

I don't want to be greedy or cause too much conflict but I know I'll have to balls up and try and stand up to him. . I had just assumed we'd split the house 50/50 but then he's taken  out paying taxes, off the mortgage which is about $4000, 

I keep hearing this "pool of assests"  but I just want  half the house and to keep the car. . Maybe it would just be easier to sell the house "as is" pay of mortgage then do 50/50 but that's not going to work in my favor either is it. .

apart from the finances world getting solicitor/lawyer or legal aid be better ??

I'm just soo confused by it all  

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need a lawyer, @3Reg. Don't sell yourself short. Try Legal Aid first to see if you're entitled to this. Otherwise, try a Women's Legal Service in your state.

How much is owing on the house? You're probably entitled to a share of the investment property too.