+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I find this really weird and unacceptable and agree with others who raise the "whose needs are being met?" Question.
    I don't remember anyone touching teachers back in the mid 80s I remember being a little girl who sat in library time doing another little girl's hair or massaging another little girl or vice versa until we were told "hands off!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (21-07-2016)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I did crt at a small school last year and at the end of lunch, they had a whole school catch up. The kids sat under the shelter, the teachers on the bench of a table and 2 bench seat type set up, and each teacher had a student behind them, massaging their shoulders. This was a daily occurrence. It was odd for me and I didn't like it.

I sometimes hug children when they are upset or hurt. I have one child who is a foster child whose foster mum says to hug him all the time because he likes it and he responds well to it; however our relationship isn't like that, and I feel that even if I tried to hug him he wouldn't respond well. It's very obvious through his body language. Even when I go to him when he is upset I wouldn't try and help him in that manner.

Like the gooch, I remember sitting on the floor in lower primary listening to stories and tracing on the back of or playing with the hair of the girl in front of me, and loving it when the girl behind me was doing it to me but that is in my eyes innocent child's play.

I would never ever ask my students to touch me. Sometimes even high fives are turned down, and there are definitely no hard feelings

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The kinder my ds attends introduced massage in the classroom this year. Only the children 'massage' each other. Research has suggested that it can reduce bullying. In this case though, I do not see any benefit. It's actually creepy.