Returning a foundation (M.A.C) | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I'm thinking I'll just not bother.

It's just one of those unfortunate things - I rarely buy anything expensive in the way of cosmetics, so I feel like I've wasted my money!

It's not a problem with colour - it's a fine match. It's the way it sits on the skin that's just, well...awful to be honest.
    Maybe try mixing it with a moisturizer or something and see if that helps? I have one I don't like that much but the coverage is great, so I mix with my normal face cream so it sits a little better. Or a good primer might help too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Maybe try mixing it with a moisturizer or something and see if that helps? I have one I don't like that much but the coverage is great, so I mix with my normal face cream so it sits a little better. Or a good primer might help too?
    Yeah, I'm going to try a few tricks to see if I can make it work better on my skin.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately we don't have the awesome return policies the US so I doubt they'd take it back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I've tried it before with MAC (got home and it looked totally different in real light than in the store) and they wouldn't let me because it had been opened and there was nothing wrong with it. But it was a Myer MAC, so they might be different store to store?
    I was able to return a foundation that was the wrong colour to a MAC counter in Myer, they swapped it for me and used the one I returned as a tester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that if the salesperson helped you with it and it wasn't right for you that's kind of their 'fault' and they should do an exchange. But yeah unlike Mecca and the US, our return policies tend to be somewhat narrow. Not having the receipt wouldn't help your case either.