+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think anyone can be stupid about it but it's not a reflection on every player or the game.

I actually went to that park today and DS had a total ball and yeah it was busy but people weren't rude or pushy, in fact quite a few young players played footy with DS and no one was crowding the equipment or anything. It was actually quite pleasant!

I'm sure I might feel differently if I lived there and people were being rowdy at night though and I think maybe they need to have a curfew or something on pokestops in crowded residential areas. Not because everyone who plays is an idiot, but there are always a few who ruin it for others.

Personally we loved sitting out in the sun, taking turns playing with DS and we went for a lovely walk along the foreshore afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it's banned in public places wouldn't that effectively prevent people from playing it anywhere? Aren't all the Pokemon stops in public places? (You would hope, anyway - I would be calling the police if people turned up in my backyard for example)..

I don't have an issue with the game, I think the Pokemon lingo is funny and it's entertaining to see how crazy people get over it (someone called up on the radio the other day and admitted to leaving their 2 children home asleep, guarded by the family dog, while they went out Pokemon hunting for 2 hours at 2am) but it's all "fun and games" until my local park and community get invaded by hooligans! Lol I really hope that doesn't happen because it would seriously **** me off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Pokemon Go

Yeah most pokestops are in parks.

The problem with the Rhodes one is its a really built up area and the park happens to be surrounded by apartments on three sides. So it impacts all those residents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    http://www.domain.com.au/news/fedup-...-all-autopromo

I just read this, and as a non-player, I have to say that if this happened in my neighbourhood and at my local park where I take my kids, it would cause me a lot of anxiety.
    I'm curious how Pokemon go players on here would feel about it?
    Some of the situations in that article would certainly frustrate me if I lived nearby. It sounds like the chaos could be toned down if the councils submission to the game developers is enacted though - hopefully that will happen.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's banned in public places wouldn't that effectively prevent people from playing it anywhere? Aren't all the Pokemon stops in public places? (You would hope, anyway - I would be calling the police if people turned up in my backyard for example)..

I don't have an issue with the game, I think the Pokemon lingo is funny and it's entertaining to see how crazy people get over it (someone called up on the radio the other day and admitted to leaving their 2 children home asleep, guarded by the family dog, while they went out Pokemon hunting for 2 hours at 2am) but it's all "fun and games" until my local park and community get invaded by hooligans! Lol I really hope that doesn't happen because it would seriously **** me off.
    Hang on.... someone left their kids home alone at night to play? See that's just insane to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I think anyone can be stupid about it but it's not a reflection on every player or the game.

I actually went to that park today and DS had a total ball and yeah it was busy but people weren't rude or pushy, in fact quite a few young players played footy with DS and no one was crowding the equipment or anything. It was actually quite pleasant!

I'm sure I might feel differently if I lived there and people were being rowdy at night though and I think maybe they need to have a curfew or something on pokestops in crowded residential areas. Not because everyone who plays is an idiot, but there are always a few who ruin it for others.

Personally we loved sitting out in the sun, taking turns playing with DS and we went for a lovely walk along the foreshore afterwards.
    I don't think there's any implication that all players are stupid about it, or idiots, but the question was, how would you feel if this was your local, and the grass had been destroyed, people had dumped their rubbish everywhere, urinated in the park, and you were up all night from the noise .. ?

I doubt that Rhodes is the only place that has or will experience this problem. You're right that some people ruin it for everyone else. It really sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Hang on.... someone left their kids home alone at night to play? See that's just insane to me.
    Yeah! They were 8 and 11 I think.. So she didn't think that was a problem lol I dont blame the game, but stupidity
    Last edited by witherwings; 28-07-2016 at 14:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pokemon Go

I don't think there's any implication that all players are stupid about it, or idiots, but the question was, how would you feel if this was your local, and the grass had been destroyed, people had dumped their rubbish everywhere, urinated in the park, and you were up all night from the noise .. ?

I doubt that Rhodes is the only place that has or will experience this problem. You're right that some people ruin it for everyone else. It really sucks.
    Did I not say that I wouldn't like it as a resident? Did I not say I thought they needed some kind of limitation on it if/when it becomes a problem?

The implication that it is stupid is my own, that's what I think.

Can you please just assume unless I've prefaced my post with *I'm intentionally being malicious* that I'm not? It's getting very frustrating feeling like I can't participate in a thread because the things I say get misconstrued constantly.

I already explained my post that upset you earlier on, and I assure you that just because we disagree on some things doesn't mean I don't like you and I'm not trying to stomp on your opinion every chance I get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Did I not say that I wouldn't like it as a resident? Did I not say I thought they needed some kind of limitation on it if/when it becomes a problem?

The implication that it is stupid is my own, that's what I think.

Can you please just assume unless I've prefaced my post with *I'm intentionally being malicious* that I'm not? It's getting very frustrating feeling like I can't participate in a thread because the things I say get misconstrued constantly.

I already explained my post that upset you earlier on, and I assure you that just because we disagree on some things doesn't mean I don't like you and I'm not trying to stomp on your opinion every chance I get.
    Whaaaaaat? You've totally misconstrued my reply. I wasn't attacking you at all. Chill out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well this is positive! They're going to have their hands full though. I'm cringing at the thought of a pokestop in a holocaust memorial

http://www.news.com.au/technology/ho...77114ba2d07f68