+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Regarding the 95% of terrorists attacks are conducted by Muslims.
    It seems to me that when all facts are considered the rate of
    ar$eholeness/killing of innocents is reasonably even between the different races and religions.

Western/Christian men kill innocent people on a similar scale (they are just labelled mentally ill - Oklahoma city bomber, port Arthur massacre, various school shootings in the US). Let's not forget all the deaths of beautiful women in Australia at the hands of their alleged loved ones.

If Kruger wants to ban all Muslims from entering the country, then why not ban all men between the ages of 20-60 (just incase they kill their spouse). Why not ban priests from practising (just incase they abuse kids under their care).

If you're going to discrimate against potential ar$eholes, let's at least do it equally!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A&S  (19-07-2016),amyd  (24-07-2016),Anjalee  (20-07-2016),BettyV  (19-07-2016),goldencrumble  (19-07-2016),harvs  (19-07-2016),HillDweller  (19-07-2016),JR03  (23-07-2016),mazd85  (22-07-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (19-07-2016),TheGooch  (19-07-2016),witherwings  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Trying my best to stay out of this thread as it's just too personal/ emotive for me but I could've written what you've written word for word about my parents, who are Muslim. I'm extremely proud of them too. Just because you or your parents have had bad experiences with Muslims doesn't make all of us bad, you can't paint an entire group of billions of people with one brush.
    Like I said, I'm sick of keeping my mouth shut to be politically correct. I do have Muslim friends that I work with, and do not believe that all Muslims are evil, but I do agree with SK and we should close our borders to them now before it is too late. I will not change my opinion.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sashas girl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),ThreePeasPlease  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    doesn't make all of us bad, you can't paint an entire group of billions of people with one brush.
    Exactly. A few thousand radical extremists are not representative of the entire muslim population.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    But is he committing that act in the name of Christianity? Or is he a mentally deranged white person who happens to be Christian. You only have to look up on Wikipedia the number of terrorist attacks CLAIMED by IS to see that the sheer amount of attacks committed by their group doesn't even compare to the amount of non-Muslim terror attacks. I just don't see how people can deny the facts?? If you look at what has been happening in France over the past year (attacks on journalists, on innocent people at a concert, in Nice recently) I think it's reasonable that Australian's are concerned about that..... It boggles my mind that that wouldn't seem understandable even if you don't share those same fears.
    I don't think anyone is denying that the majority of "terrorist" attacks in the last say, 100 years, have been committed in the "name of" Islam. BUT the solution is not to exclude Muslims from our society. the solution is the exact opposite.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

sashas girl  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    the solution is not to exclude Muslims from our society. the solution is the exact opposite.
    Agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I just add that people who immigrate don't do it in order to join terror cells. They do it for a chance at a better life. You don't uproot your family, leave your friends, your job and everything you know and hold dear, for any other reason other than to have a better life than the one you have.

The people who do commit crimes in our country at least, are not immigrants. They are people who were born here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Exactly. A few thousand radical extremists are not representative of the entire muslim population.
    Let's take that risk then and just wait for those few thousand to attack us, and then what? If it only takes one person or one small group to kill hundreds or even thousands of innocent people, what then?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sashas girl For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (19-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),ThreePeasPlease  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I don't think anyone is denying that the majority of "terrorist" attacks in the last say, 100 years, have been committed in the "name of" Islam. BUT the solution is not to exclude Muslims from our society. the solution is the exact opposite.
    That's what they did in my parents country, and now there are suicide bombers blowing themselves up and taking innocent people with them....

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sashas girl For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (19-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),ThreePeasPlease  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    I will not change my opinion.
    I'm not trying to change your opinion. You insinuated the experience/ actions of your immigrant family was to the exclusion of Muslim immigrants. I'm here to tell you it's not. There are many of us, good, hard working Muslim immigrants who have 'integrated' and contribute greatly to Australia. It's a fact because my life and those of my family members and friends are testament to that. I don't care if I change your mind or not, but you can't change the reality that there are many of us Muslim immigrants who contribute positively to this country every day regardless of whether you've seen it for yourself of not.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-07-2016),gingermillie  (19-07-2016),GlitterFarts  (19-07-2016),HollyGolightly81  (19-07-2016),Joeee  (21-07-2016),JustJaq  (19-07-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (19-07-2016),VicPark  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add, my parents came from a Christian Middle Eastern country during a war. Before the Muslims took over, it was a peaceful Christian country. Now the Muslim population is over 80% and there are bombings/violence everyday, all 'in the name of Islam'. They also fight each other which is stupid, and innocent people are killed. Australia needs to be careful. It may not happen in the next few years, it could take many many years, but if we're not careful, it will happen.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sashas girl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),SuperGranny  (20-07-2016),ThreePeasPlease  (25-07-2016)