+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreePeasPlease View Post
    I'm not saying it's ok, but for some people they do t know the difference.
    I have to say, you seem to be one of the people who don't know the difference between a Muslim and a terrorist.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (25-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sonja View Post
    ??? That makes no sense. I asked you several times why her fears weren't baseless. Why does that rest your case?

25 years of law and ok you got me. I have no idea what trap i walked into
    lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm only even participating because I'm downloading Peppa pig and paw patrol for my kids!

I'm sure that will be twisted into some interesting failing.

Hmm "why are you posting while down loading kids tv shows?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    There have been so so many posts in this thread explaining why there is no need for people to be scared. Why do you keep asking the same question?

I know fear isn't always rational and explaining to people over and over again why they have more to fear from their domestic partners than from Muslims doesn't penetrate. So I'm not sure why you keep asking me the same question. I believe her fear is baseless as she is not likely to experience a terrorist attack by a Muslim in this country.
    Ok I'm going to walk away for this now.

I just want to say this. You believe her fear is baseless. You are predicting that she will never experience a terrosit attack based on YOUR belief.

Let me remind you.

The cops that got stabbed in endeavour hills 2014 raised Australia's terror level to high

The Sydney parramatta shooting by a 15 year old boy was described as a politically motivated act of terrorism

And the number of people who have willing gone to fight for Islamic state...

You can not discount why people are anxious.

Why do you think the events that unfolded In France and the USA will be unlikely to happen here?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

sashas girl  (25-07-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm so confused 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I'm so confused
    I just want Paw Patrol to download.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-07-2016),GlitterFarts  (25-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Sonia Kruger - glass house?

I just want to say this. You believe her fear is baseless. You are predicting that she will never experience a terrosit attack based on YOUR belief.

Let me remind you.

The cops that got stabbed in endeavour hills 2014 raised Australia's terror level to high

The Sydney parramatta shooting by a 15 year old boy was described as a politically motivated act of terrorism

Why do you think the events that unfolded In France and the USA will be unlikely to happen here?
    But an American's risk of being killed in a terrorist attack is still ridiculously low and the argument is still the same in America as it is in Australia---because dying due to terrorism is extremely unlikely.

And while I'm posting... Flinging around 'PC' like its some awful insult. It's not. Accusing people of being respectful and opened minded isn't an insult. Trying to paint people in some ridiculous light because they do not believe in spreading ignorance....pffft.

Were you scared of white males after Port Arthur?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (25-07-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (25-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (25-07-2016),Sonja  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Sonia Kruger - glass house?

Let me remind you.

*sigh*.

One last time. She wants to ban Muslim immigration. I'm not saying there will never ever be a terrorist attack in Australia. What I am saying is you are more likely to die from about eleven million other things than a terrorist attack in Australia.

Maybe baseless is harsh. She has a rationale fear I'd place at about 0.00001% likely of happening to her.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (25-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (25-07-2016),witherwings  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    But an American's risk of being killed in a terrorist attack is still ridiculously low and the argument is still the same in America as it is in Australia---because dying due to terrorism is extremely unlikely.

And while I'm posting... Flinging around 'PC' like its some awful insult. It's not. Accusing people of being respectful and opened minded isn't an insult. Trying to paint people in some ridiculous light because they do not believe in spreading ignorance....pffft.

Were you scared of white males after Port Arthur?
    Exactly Holly. You wouldn't be scared of white males, but it would be OK to be scared of unhinged white males who owned an arsenal of assault weapons, like it's ok to be scared of terrorists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    *sigh*.

I know it's frustrating but look on the bright side, good practice for when you're trying to explain simple things to children. And if you're already well experienced in this, it's a good tutorial for the rest of us