+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 290
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Ok. This makes sense now. I wouldn't have called Lebanon a predominantly Christian country at any point in time, but it probably has the largest population of Christians of any Arab State.

    Technically, there are almost as many Christians still in Lebanon as there are Muslims. But that's beside the point..

    The reason that the economy and quality of life in general went to sh!t in Lebanon is not because of the Muslim population. The Muslims and Christians in Lebanon lived in relative peace and prosperity for generations, while the country was the jewel of the Middle East in terms of tourism and finances.

    But after the 1967 Arab-Israel war, there was a huge amount of Palestinian refugees who came to Lebanon. This is significant, because included in this influx of refugees were THOUSANDS militarised Palestinians, led by Yasser Arafat, and they systematically began ****ing up the country to achieve political gains.

    It was not about religion!

    I'm only bothering to say this because I feel like you are misrepresenting the situation, and coming to incorrect conclusions, and then trying to incite fear by saying "just you wait!". I think that's quite ignorant and unfair.
    I think you need to go back further than that.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,214
    Thanks
    3,652
    Thanked
    3,457
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Sonia Kruger - glass house?

    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Ok. This makes sense now. I wouldn't have called Lebanon a predominantly Christian country at any point in time, but it probably has the largest population of Christians of any Arab State.

    Technically, there are almost as many Christians still in Lebanon as there are Muslims. But that's beside the point..

    The reason that the economy and quality of life in general went to sh!t in Lebanon is not because of the Muslim population. The Muslims and Christians in Lebanon lived in relative peace and prosperity for generations, while the country was the jewel of the Middle East in terms of tourism and finances.

    But after the 1967 Arab-Israel war, there was a huge amount of Palestinian refugees who came to Lebanon. This is significant, because included in this influx of refugees were THOUSANDS militarised Palestinians, led by Yasser Arafat, and they systematically began ****ing up the country to achieve political gains.

    It was not about religion!

    I'm only bothering to say this because I feel like you are misrepresenting the situation, and coming to incorrect conclusions, and then trying to incite fear by saying "just you wait!". I think that's quite ignorant and unfair.
    Also should be noted what began all that...Hitler (a Christian) starting a war in Europe and the genocide of the Jews... There's probably be no Israel if WWII hadn't occurred.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Reading along during my work break. I just don't know whether to laugh or cry at your posts Sashas girl.

    You absolutely, most definitely need to provide some kind of evidence to back up your ideas. I'm sure you'll have difficulty finding it though.

    And, if you truely believe your ideas then fair enough but you owe it to yourself to test them out.
    Like I said, it's my opinion.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanks
    895
    Thanked
    631
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    And there are more who have not. There are more who have taken advantage of this country and continue to do so.
    This wasn't presented as opinion. This is you saying that I'm wrong and no matter how many productive Muslims I know there are more that are lazy and unproductive.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,012
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked
    775
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I thought Israel was responsible for/contributed to a lot of violence in Lebanon?
    That was my impression as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    But after the 1967 Arab-Israel war, there was a huge amount of Palestinian refugees who came to Lebanon. This is significant, because included in this influx of refugees were THOUSANDS militarised Palestinians, led by Yasser Arafat, and they systematically began ****ing up the country to achieve political gains.
    I did not know this. It explains a lot about the conflict between Israel and Lebanon.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure about you girls, but I am becoming increasingly scared. Not exactly terrorised, but getting close. In Nice, there were little kids "mown down" in their prams. I am still bloody traumatised by the images of 9/11, possibly the worst atrocity we shall ever see in our lifetime, enacted in the name of Allah.

    I was in a busy shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast recently, and a kid burst a balloon. The place went silent, and I swear my heart stopped. It sounded like a shot. I had my 2 young kids and my Grandma with me.

    People may say "If you are scared, the ISIS terrorists have won". Well then, they've won in my mind, because I am scared. I don't want to die, I don't want my kids to die, and I don't want to watch others die, in terrorist attacks. Whether the terrorist is a "true ISIS" member or a lone nut-job claiming to act on behalf of ISIS, is irrelevant to me. Killing is killing.

    I do think people are almost completely fed up with the ridiculous, over-the-top, political-correctness which effectively gags people from speaking their mind. I don't believe all Muslims are members of ISIS, obviously. That's insane. But I will say this...I would like A LOT more "decent Muslims" to be publicly OUTRAGED by what is being committed in the name of their religion. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing, etc...Well, I think it is VERY important that "good Muslims" express their disgust and outrage toward those Muslims who function on their religious hatred.

    Even in Australia, when you have Senior Muslims (I have forgotten the recent blokes' names) saying that homosexuals should be killed...Australia needs our decent Muslim population to be vocally and insistently bloody outraged. And this hasn't really happened. I don't think a few Muslims saying "It's not all of us, etc" is really good enough at this point.

    But getting offended by another member on Bub Hub is a bit silly. I never do. I might think "that person's a moron", but I try to keep that thought to myself!

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

    Aanya  (20-07-2016),bluehawaii  (20-07-2016),DJ Nette  (19-07-2016),neza  (21-07-2016),sashas girl  (19-07-2016),SuperGranny  (20-07-2016),ThreePeasPlease  (25-07-2016),witherwings  (19-07-2016)

  8. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    However, the conflict is not between Israel and the Lebanese Christians.

  9. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Not sure about you girls, but I am becoming increasingly scared. Not exactly terrorised, but getting close. In Nice, there were little kids "mown down" in their prams. I am still bloody traumatised by the images of 9/11, possibly the worst atrocity we shall ever see in our lifetime, enacted in the name of Allah.

    I was in a busy shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast recently, and a kid burst a balloon. The place went silent, and I swear my heart stopped. It sounded like a shot. I had my 2 young kids and my Grandma with me.

    People may say "If you are scared, the ISIS terrorists have won". Well then, they've won in my mind, because I am scared. I don't want to die, I don't want my kids to die, and I don't want to watch others die, in terrorist attacks. Whether the terrorist is a "true ISIS" member or a lone nut-job claiming to act on behalf of ISIS, is irrelevant to me. Killing is killing.

    I do think people are almost completely fed up with the ridiculous, over-the-top, political-correctness which effectively gags people from speaking their mind. I don't believe all Muslims are members of ISIS, obviously. That's insane. But I will say this...I would like A LOT more "decent Muslims" to be publicly OUTRAGED by what is being committed in the name of their religion. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing, etc...Well, I think it is VERY important that "good Muslims" express their disgust and outrage toward those Muslims who function on their religious hatred.

    Even in Australia, when you have Senior Muslims (I have forgotten the recent blokes' names) saying that homosexuals should be killed...Australia needs our decent Muslim population to be vocally and insistently bloody outraged. And this hasn't really happened. I don't think a few Muslims saying "It's not all of us, etc" is really good enough at this point.

    But getting offended by another member on Bub Hub is a bit silly. I never do. I might think "that person's a moron", but I try to keep that thought to myself!

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Exactly this.

  10. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    My ancestors came from India which was a peaceful society until the British arrived. I come from South Africa which was a peaceful country until the Boers took over. We live in Australia which was a peaceful land until the British colonized.
    This may be the case, but we wouldn't live here if the British hadn't settled here, and I reckon it's still "relatively peaceful"! But I'm hoping this was your point?



    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,181
    Thanks
    1,415
    Thanked
    748
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Things to be afraid of... in context.

    13729124_1059044214143289_2213076976898156943_n.jpg

  12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

    A&S  (19-07-2016),Anjalee  (20-07-2016),babyno1onboard  (20-07-2016),besha  (20-07-2016),BettyV  (20-07-2016),Californication  (19-07-2016),delirium  (20-07-2016),Elijahs Mum  (19-07-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (19-07-2016),mazd85  (22-07-2016),sajimum  (20-07-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (19-07-2016),witherwings  (19-07-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. How much does your DH help around the house?
    By SummerFun in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 21:40
  2. Help! How do I buy a house
    By smallpotatoes in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-01-2016, 14:18
  3. Drinking from a glass.
    By Taffabella in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29-10-2015, 22:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!