+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 290
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Where's you proof of that?
    I'm sorry but who do I need to prove it to?

  2. #102
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,425
    Thanks
    1,194
    Thanked
    8,079
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Sonia Kruger - glass house?

    I actually think it's gotten worse with the increase of online technologies and social media platforms. There are so many ways very young and very impressionable young people can get suckered into things they don't understand.

    I don't really think it has much to do with race or religion at all. As others have said, it's that vulnerable people are easily preyed upon, and the Internet and social media makes that even easier.

  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (19-07-2016),BettyV  (20-07-2016),harvs  (19-07-2016),HollyGolightly81  (19-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (20-07-2016),SuperGranny  (20-07-2016),VicPark  (20-07-2016),witherwings  (20-07-2016)

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,209
    Thanks
    1,240
    Thanked
    790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    I'm sorry but who do I need to prove it to?
    You can't just claim that most Muslim immigrants don't contribute anything to this country and expect people to take it at face value. If your OPINION is that most Muslims don't contribute then fair enough but don't state it like its fact.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

    BettyV  (20-07-2016),JustJaq  (19-07-2016),TheGooch  (19-07-2016),VicPark  (20-07-2016)

  6. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,674
    Thanks
    4,150
    Thanked
    3,985
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    I'm sorry but who do I need to prove it to?
    I think if you're going to enter a discussion making such broad claims you should be able to back it up.

    Apparently in your mind Christians have never done anything violent. What religion was Hitler again?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    TheGooch  (19-07-2016),VicPark  (20-07-2016)

  8. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    You can't just claim that most Muslim immigrants don't contribute anything to this country and expect people to take it at face value. If your OPINION is that most Muslims don't contribute then fair enough but don't state it like its fact.
    I don't believe I stated that it is a fact. This is a forum where you are able to present your opinions about a subject. This is my opinion.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sashas girl For This Useful Post:

    Blessedwith3boys  (20-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016)

  10. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    I also did not state that Christians have never done anything violent.....

  11. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,674
    Thanks
    4,150
    Thanked
    3,985
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    I also did not state that Christians have never done anything violent.....
    But by your logic they should be banned as well?

  12. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    1,295
    Thanked
    1,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    Lebanon.
    Ok. This makes sense now. I wouldn't have called Lebanon a predominantly Christian country at any point in time, but it probably has the largest population of Christians of any Arab State.

    Technically, there are almost as many Christians still in Lebanon as there are Muslims. But that's beside the point..

    The reason that the economy and quality of life in general went to sh!t in Lebanon is not because of the Muslim population. The Muslims and Christians in Lebanon lived in relative peace and prosperity for generations, while the country was the jewel of the Middle East in terms of tourism and finances.

    But after the 1967 Arab-Israel war, there was a huge amount of Palestinian refugees who came to Lebanon. This is significant, because included in this influx of refugees were THOUSANDS militarised Palestinians, led by Yasser Arafat, and they systematically began ****ing up the country to achieve political gains.

    It was not about religion!

    I'm only bothering to say this because I feel like you are misrepresenting the situation, and coming to incorrect conclusions, and then trying to incite fear by saying "just you wait!". I think that's quite ignorant and unfair.

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (19-07-2016),BettyV  (20-07-2016),harvs  (19-07-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (19-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (20-07-2016),TheGooch  (19-07-2016)

  14. #109
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,124
    Thanks
    6,347
    Thanked
    16,219
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I thought Israel was responsible for/contributed to a lot of violence in Lebanon?

    I understand you have strong personal views from your experience, and I'm not devaluing that. I just don't think that it is *only* because of your parents' attitude after you moved that you were fortunate to escape to a better life. I also think it's because you moved to a more peaceful country. I just don't get the logic behind denying that chance to others, I suppose.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (20-07-2016)

  16. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Ok. This makes sense now. I wouldn't have called Lebanon a predominantly Christian country at any point in time, but it probably has the largest population of Christians of any Arab State.

    Technically, there are almost as many Christians still in Lebanon as there are Muslims. But that's beside the point..

    The reason that the economy and quality of life in general went to sh!t in Lebanon is not because of the Muslim population. The Muslims and Christians in Lebanon lived in relative peace and prosperity for generations, while the country was the jewel of the Middle East in terms of tourism and finances.

    But after the 1967 Arab-Israel war, there was a huge amount of Palestinian refugees who came to Lebanon. This is significant, because included in this influx of refugees were THOUSANDS militarised Palestinians, led by Yasser Arafat, and they systematically began ****ing up the country to achieve political gains.

    It was not about religion!

    I'm only bothering to say this because I feel like you are misrepresenting the situation, and coming to incorrect conclusions, and then trying to incite fear by saying "just you wait!". I think that's quite ignorant and unfair.
    I think you need to go back further than that.


 

Similar Threads

  1. How much does your DH help around the house?
    By SummerFun in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 21:40
  2. Help! How do I buy a house
    By smallpotatoes in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-01-2016, 14:18
  3. Drinking from a glass.
    By Taffabella in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29-10-2015, 22:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!