+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldsandsiamonds View Post
    @crunchymumma

Unfortunately they can change rosters around. If bub was to arrive on their due date it would work out but we know that's not going to be the case.

My husband and mother continually tell me it will be fine it will all work out (drives me crazy). Yea for them it's fine because if hubby is not here he's not here and there's nothing for him to do. Where as I still have to go through labor and birth no matter what!!

They have flights everyday so if it happens overnight he would hopefully be here by lunch time the following day.

Arrrrr....freaking out!!!

When are you due?

We have only just got our BFP and off to the GP tomorrow for an OB referral. ������
    Going off LMP then 11th June or there about. Obviously still loads of time for me to stress over this given it was already on my mind while TTC.
    I think im just going to have to suck it up and call him to come home when i go into labour and hope like crazy its at a time where they can still get him home that day.
    I would just feel terrible if he missed out on all that time.
    I could have a good friend come and stay with me from 38wks or whenever i needed the helping hand - if i needed it. So i know i can have the kids covered, my MIL is 1hr away so i guess if i was feeling like i wanted family i could ask her to be with me. I really only have the desire for OH to be in there but when im contracting maybe i wont care at all haha.
    I could also maybe ask my OB about inducing me, i think that so long as my cervix allowed my waters to be broken then i might give it a shot (from my due date) but i dont think i would want to go through the early induction process as the chance of failure with my body not being ready and also complications is higher.

That is so unfair they have done that to him!!
    Even with changing a roster you would think that for the sake of a due baby they could at least keep his booked leave the same.

It would be a total mess for you and yep, your going to be the one doing the hard and long yards, not them so its much easier for them to say it will all be okay.

Im glad that they do have daily flights for him at least though and that he is not too isolated.
    When you have baby, how much time can he apply to have off? Same as what he had booked initially?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @crunchymumma

Congratulations, good luck at your appointment.

Yes, I understand only wanting hubby there with you. I'm him or no one!

I think discussing the option of induction is a good idea. If your body is ready I've heard it can be quiet successful in terms of length and interventions etc.

Depending on when it happens and taking into account r'n'r he will have anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emeraldsandsiamonds I really hope its the 6wks for you!